Wonder if anyone with NASCAR has noticed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JasonC
You really think all these rules like lucky Dog, Pit Road speeds, etc have actually made racing better?

"Better" yes, in that it's the safest it's ever been.

Originally Posted By: billt460
You really think all these rules like lucky Dog, Pit Road speeds, etc have actually made racing better?

"Better" yes, in that it's the safest it's ever been.

Also, the most boring.

At least they got back to the manufacturers having specific front fascia. The Camry, Chevy SS, and Fusion front ends are manufacturer specific. Ford was actually allowed to change theirs at the beginning of the season since it wasn't as aerodynamic as the others. Plus it put it in line with the new model Fusion.

Also, the most boring.

It doesn't matter. Like I said, most NASCAR fans wouldn't know a good race if they saw one. Most go to get drunk, see a good wreck, and eyeball girls. It's not racing. It's an "event".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the manufacturers also push for the CoT? Weren't they tired of trying to build a car that would sell that was also competitive?

Originally Posted By: whip
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the manufacturers also push for the CoT? Weren't they tired of trying to build a car that would sell that was also competitive?

It was supposed to even out the playing field. In 2013 they switched to the Gen 6 car where the manufacturers supplied body parts. It was a shame too since Dodge finally won the title with Brad Keselowski and Penske in 2012 and their Gen 6 Charger looked awesome, but they pulled out.

In the XFinity Series Ford runs a Mustang body, Chevy runs a Camaro body, Toyota has a Camry (lame), and there are still some people running a Challenger body. The Challenger looks awesome in that guise IMHO.

Been watching NASCAR since the 60s. But I slowly lost interest and gave up entirely about 10 years ago.

The cars are irrelevant now. What's the point of racing a full-framed V8 RWD car that, from a distance, vaguely resembles a V6 unibody FWD "stock" car in the showroom?

Sooo, all of the GT cars out there that are factory chassis are unsafe and deadly? Tell me, how do those road race guys do it then? All the Lambhorghinis, Ferraris, Acuras, BMW's.....those cars are death traps? Puhlease.... The cars CAN be made to be just as safe. They just won't. And don't try to tell me they can't do the speeds of the NASCRAP's. They absolutely can. In the road courses especially they're carrying more speed, more grip, and more G-forces thru the corners. When one of those slips and goes into the wall....the driver walks away just the same as the NASCRAP driver.

Last edited:
NASCAR has been devolving for some time into a near-pro-wrestling concept. They need some real race cars and some real competition and they might stand a chance...

Best description I have read of NASCAR in a long time.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
NASCAR has been devolving for some time into a near-pro-wrestling concept. They need some real race cars and some real competition and they might stand a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back