Looking For A Good Battery For 2011 Santa Fe 3.5V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my commercial guys at Auto zone and they did not have the duralast gold for this vehicle they said the only one they make for this vehicle is the plain duralast. Same with Advance.. Whats up with that? This is for a 2011 Santa Fe my daughter will be using for school.
Anyone know of a better choice n Batteries?

He also mentioned to me that Johnson Controls were making Batteries in Mexico and that they were not as good as they once were but again i am not sure if thats true..
What Battery is everyone using these days i am looking for a good Battery on par with the Duralast gold.. At the shop i always bought from Auto Zone because we got a great deal on quality Batteries..
I don't like Sears..
I hope this is posted in the correct section

Get an AC Delco gold. Great battery, great warranty. I typically also use a duralast gold. But it's either the acdelco or a Motorcraft max if I can't get a duralast. Although I now get acdelco cheaper than I can duralast.

Chewie, Thank you for that information i did see that but not sure of the Everstart quality or who makes them. I am not sure who sells the a/c delco...I believe some only carry the one battery because of the heat shield that wraps around the Battery. I always had luck with motorcraft also.

Costco ... She can get warranty service at a lot of locations if needed. And they usually don't
smile.gif

Most Everstart batteries are usually made by Johnson Controls but that can vary depending on location. Regardless I don't think I've seen a better warranty even from Sam's Club or Costco, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Almost all wet cell lead acid batteries manufactured today are virtually identical internally in their specific group/size. I suggest is to buy a 3 year full non-prorated warranty battery at either Costco or Walmart. They stock good quality batteries at reasonable prices. Anything goes wrong in 3 years and you get a brand new replacement battery at no cost.

Almost all other brands and retail outlets offer hyped up high priced multi-year extended warranty batteries that are mostly smoke and mirrors for unsuspecting consumers. With prorated multi-year extended warranty batteries you are actually buying a regular battery plus an expensive battery insurance policy that is full of fine print designed to make you spend even more money if you ever have to use it. Pro-rated warranty is typically worthless.

Last edited:
I think the Costco batteries aren't warranted quite as well, the current Interstate branded batteries are a full replacement for 42 months. Still decent, in my opinion.

The previous Kirkland badged batteries were full replacement for 36 months, and prorated for the subsequent 64(!) months, for a 100 month total.

+1
I always think about where I'm going to be when I need a replacement on the weekend - yeah, that rules out good models like Diehard and Interstate and I wind up with Walmart. What town does not have one? - they always gave me a good adjustment in minutes and (insert Willy Nelson song) ...

The power of marketing. What do you mean its not gold? I want gold. Oh... so you do have gold, but its made in Mexico? I know I'm roughly paraphrasing. If they had a silver that was made in the US would that suffice?

I guess I have been very fortunate in my 25 years of driving. I've never had issue with a battery, nor been so perplexed over replacing one. You asked a similar question yesterday. Still fishing for that perfect battery.

They've gotten expensive. Seemed like you could buy premium battery everyday for like $75 just a few years ago. Warranty is usually worse, now, too.

I've taken to putting mine on a float charger every night. I'm one of those guys who will hugely inconvenience himself to beat the system.

Well, you are not an over protective father of a college going daughter, are you?? Different rules apply then!
(that is joke in case you did not get it)

Last edited:
If you're into the numbers, measure the existing battery, measure the actual space you have to work with, and note the post locations, as +/- swap on the XXr (r=reverse) models. then find a battery size chart, and look for other models which fit. then see if it's a common size carried locally. I enjoy the drill and usually end up with larger RC (reserve capacity) than oem, and always more CCA than required. RC is what requires more material, and allows greater overall capacity, especially important as it ages.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
"Salesmanship" today includes telling you that you don't want anything they just don't happen to have in stock.

AZ has never carried a DLG 124R. Its a low volume, oddball size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back