Help with Oil Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

One of my friends is an owner operator and he bought a 55 gal drum of diesel motor oil for his truck from somebody who told him it was good oil. After the oil was delivered and he looked closely at it he noticed it looked thin. So he sent it in for analysis. He had hoped the analysis would tell him about the specifications of the oil. However, the analysis is apparently designed for used motor oil, to tell you how your engine is doing based on the impurities found in the oil. In any case, I told him about this site and he asked me to post the results in case any of you experts have any opinion about these results. Again, this oil was sent to the lab unused - it came straight out of the barrel. He's scared to put it in his truck. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I put the oil analysis PDF in my public dropbox folder. The link to the file is below. I can also email it.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

Oil Analysis

Last edited:
I see reports for a Detroit Series 60 (used oil) and used oil samples from both differentials and the transmission. I don't see a sample report for new oil.

Did your friend forget to send the new oil or perhaps you put up everything but that? There's something missing from you or your friend. If you have the report for the new oil, it's not showing up. Give us another shot if you have the report.

Thank you both for looking at the report. I see what you're saying. I just sent him an email to ask for clarification on this.

I was kinda wondering if he got a drum of used oil?
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back