Where to get adapter nipple from 3/4-16 to 1/16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making a single remote system for a 1998 Accord 2.3L, and the current plan is to install a T between the block and the oil pressure switch, and then dump back through the valve cover (It is easier to remove than the oil pan, and I want to take it off for other reasons already). I plan to use a typical remote filter mount (with a properly sized orifice on the return side of course), and 3/4"-16 is the nipple thread size that I am very typically seeing on the products that I want. Because I am planning to use the Amsoil EaBP filters, I will need 1"-16 threads. After putting in a lot of time trying to find an adapter nipple, I am reach out to this BB for some help. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Also, I am seeking advice regarding a differential pressure gauge. I have an idea about involving a dual in, dual out filter mount, and utilizing the two extra ports as connection points for the D.P. gauge, but will likely involve multiple connection/adapter points and I have to imagine there's something simpler out there. Your advice is welcome!

Thanks! - Ryan

Originally Posted By: racer12306
So you want to dump all the oil that goes through the filter onto the cam, etc?

I'm curious what it is that Ryan wrote that would make you post such a question? I see nothing in his post that indicates he wants to shut off flow to his full-flow filter.

I see that you have 2000+ posts, but very few in the bypass filter area--I'm thinking that you probably don't understand how a bypass filter works. In this case, a T between the block and pressure sender is a pretty common way to tap the oil system for a bypass filter. The Amsoil system Ryan mentions includes a restrictor which limits the flow rate through the bypass filter. Again, this is typical in bypass filter systems. Routing the return through the valve cover is also a typical method for returning the filtered oil to the sump--I do this myself in my 2000 Cummins 5.9L engine, and it works beautifully.

By the way, welcome to the site Ryan!

Last edited:
I've seen them on eBay, this is the same nipple that one would use to adapt a PH8A (Ford/Mopar/etc. 3/4" X 16) to a Cummins filter. Amsoil likely sells them too. As long as your filter or base has a restrictor orifice in it, you'll be good.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike

I'm curious what it is that Ryan wrote that would make you post such a question? I see nothing in his post that indicates he wants to shut off flow to his full-flow filter.

I see that you have 2000+ posts, but very few in the bypass filter area--I'm thinking that you probably don't understand how a bypass filter works. In this case, a T between the block and pressure sender is a pretty common way to tap the oil system for a bypass filter. The Amsoil system Ryan mentions includes a restrictor which limits the flow rate through the bypass filter. Again, this is typical in bypass filter systems. Routing the return through the valve cover is also a typical method for returning the filtered oil to the sump--I do this myself in my 2000 Cummins 5.9L engine, and it works beautifully.

I think he's wanting to dump the bypass return onto the timing chain area-which is probably where it would do the most good.

Yes, you are correct, the 3/4-16 threads are on the remote mounts that I am seeing. However, I have not come across one that comes with the 1" threads. If you know where to find any, please let me know!

[/quote]I think he's wanting to dump the bypass return onto the timing chain area-which is probably where it would do the most good. [/quote]

Actually the only reason that I'm picking the valve cover at this time is because it's basically either that or the oil pan, and whichever one I pick will have to be removed in order to drill it out. Since I want to repaint the valve cover and replace all the gaskets, I chose that.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike

To start, I didn't realize I clicked a link into the bypass filter section. Had I realized that I probably wouldn't have said a word. Still sounds bizarre to me to dump oil into a valve cover area, but if that's how it's done...

I actually had the same feeling before I started doing research into it prior to installing mine. The slow flow rate is what makes it a non-issue. It's barely more than a trickle.

I've bought a few of the adapters and remote filter set ups and have accumulated quit a choice in adapter threaded insets with various threads. Never seen a 1" one. That would require the filter adapter to be drilled out for 1" threads.

But Amsoil sells what you need. Here's their 1"-16 adapter.

bk300.jpg

http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/partslist.aspx

Actually that is not what you need. Sorry

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ryaneirich
[/quote]I think he's wanting to dump the bypass return onto the timing chain area-which is probably where it would do the most good.

Actually the only reason that I'm picking the valve cover at this time is because it's basically either that or the oil pan, and whichever one I pick will have to be removed in order to drill it out. Since I want to repaint the valve cover and replace all the gaskets, I chose that. [/quote]

I'm running 2 bypass systems and both are returned to the valve covers with no problems at all. Like you it was either the valve cover or the oil pan, so I chose the valve cover. Have fun with you system:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back