2002 Ford Crown Victoria 189k, 7.5 on Maxlife 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Polaris didn't flag the Al. The only thing flagged is Si which is why Im not too concerned at this point about the aluminum. The engine sounds fine; not like the chains are wearing. Just the light ticking from the injectors.
I will be backing off the miles, mainly because Im going to do the next one in spring and I don't forsee doing the crazy miles Ive been doing since March. Almost 16k miles in 6 months. Unreal.
I got a regular job now in town I started last week which is about 15 miles a day, 5 days a week. I usually do like 10-12k a year.
Also itll be winter and that means fuel dilution.
I predict that the next one will happen around the 4k mile mark.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Iron and aluminum are high for a 7,500 mile run. Not dangerously so, but well above what a healthy engine should have.

I notice that the silicon is high, too, which leads me to believe that you've got either a lousy air filter or a leak in your induction system that is allowing in grit/sand which would result in increased wear...which would explain the high Fe and Al...

I was literally just about to say the same things as Astro just said. Not alarmingly high, but definitely higher than I would want to see for 7,500 miles. When was the last time you replaced your air filter?

Its a Amsoil EAA that has...idk..25-30k miles on it. Currently its reading 7.5" H2O restriction. Itll be due for a cleaning soon when it reaches 10".

It takes a distressingly long time to get rid of Silicon once it gets in, like if the air filter is compromised or something. Thats what Im dealing with now is the Silicon leftover from 18k miles ago when I ran it 160 miles with no spark plug in one of the cylinders.
Im sure it will be more normal next run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back