Archoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen the guys from Archoil on Jay Leno's Garage. I think that product is a synthetic version of another product I used Liquimoly Ceratec. It spiked up my molybdenum and boron in a uoa A LOT. I believe it too is a solid lubricant but not 100 percent positive. If you run it let me know. I wanted to run Liquimoly Motor Protect which is a non solid but had similar lasting effects as Ceratec.Bout closest thing to it is Lubegard Biotech.

Have been using AR9100 and AR6200 in my Powerstroke 6.7. My motivation for using AR9100 was to provide extra protection for the turbo charger and protection for in between engine starts (as it isn't started everyday). Use AR6200 as a fuel stabilizer, lubricant, and potential reducer of soot. However, I have noticed my diesel generator starts up better (in between lengthy starts) since using AR6200 in the fuel. Moreover, last time I cleaned the generator's spark arrestor there was little to no soot (less soot than when not using AR6200).
Honestly, does it do all it says it does? Have no idea? Here is a link to a Dutch Coast Guard study: http://www.archoil.se/Test case DCCG Volvo- Penta revised.pdf
Anyone else have any positive experiences with this combination? The science is sure interesting though.

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini
So, the main arvument is that Boron can replace ZDDP on flat tappet cams? I don't understand how that a detergent became an AW.

Boron compounds are used for anti wear and extreme pressure effects and are used as an additive in many types of engine oil. Nearly all detergent additives are based on Calcium or Magnesium compounds.

Aren't the "nano" borates much smaller than traditional borons (found in motor oils)...thus Archoil's implications are much more protection? Smaller elements should have a better time filling in (protecting) smaller imperfects on surfaces? I really don't have the knowledge to answer that? Just curious from a hobbyist perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back