Ever heard of an ACDelco UPF64R oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I just bought my wife a new Chevy Malibu 1.5 Liter turbo and noticed that it requires an ACDelco UPF64R oil filter. Went to the Fram website to see what they cross to but they show nothing for that part number. Called up Fram to see if they had a filter for this application and they stated that one will be coming out in a few months but they have nothing at the moment.

Anybody have any history on this filter? Is this a new standard filter for the Chevy line up?

Looks like you still have the 07 Cadillac STS according to your signature.
smile.gif

How do u and ur wife like the car? I've had one as a loaner from the dealer and i much prefer my 15 over the 16.

Last edited:
We got some in at work. There was no place for them on the shelf, so they sat in backstock for a few months until they got called back.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
How do u and ur wife like the car? I've had one as a loaner from the dealer and i much prefer my 15 over the 16.

So far we seem to like it very well. Pretty well loaded up. Leather Package, Driver Confidence Package, Bose Stereo, Convenience, 4G wifi hotspot and Technology Package. No sunroof, I hate sunroofs.
We never would have gotten a car that was so loaded with options but with the Summer Clearance Event (16% off MSRP), my GM employee discount and $1,700 built up on my GM credit card earnings. They just about gave it to me.

The best part is the 37MPG highway 27MPG city with the 1.5 liter turbo engine.

But anyway back to the filter, I picked up one of these at the dealership and they seemed very heavy for their size. Just wonder if they were made for higher oil pressure systems or something else. My Dealership only had one of these filters in stock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
Wix crosses it to 57060. Seems like it has been around for a while.

And WIX 57060 cross references back to an ACDelco PF48E Which brings up the question. What is the difference between the ACDelcos PF48E and the UPF64R?

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory

And WIX 57060 cross references back to an ACDelco PF48E Which brings up the question. What is the difference between the ACDelcos PF48E and the UPF64R?

Too make the waters even murkier there is a UPF48R which is a "performance" version of the PF48/PF48E, I use the UPR48R filter on my Camaro.....I have cut one open, Identical to a Mobil 1 M1-113 filter.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

Too make the waters even murkier there is a UPF48R which is a "performance" version of the PF48/PF48E, I use the UPR48R filter on my Camaro.....I have cut one open, Identical to a Mobil 1 M1-113 filter.

What's the date code on that can?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766

So far we seem to like it very well. Pretty well loaded up. Leather Package, Driver Confidence Package, Bose Stereo, Convenience, 4G wifi hotspot and Technology Package. No sunroof, I hate sunroofs.
We never would have gotten a car that was so loaded with options but with the Summer Clearance Event (16% off MSRP), my GM employee discount and $1,700 built up on my GM credit card earnings. They just about gave it to me.

The best part is the 37MPG highway 27MPG city with the 1.5 liter turbo engine.

But anyway back to the filter, I picked up one of these at the dealership and they seemed very heavy for their size. Just wonder if they were made for higher oil pressure systems or something else. My Dealership only had one of these filters in stock.

I remember seeing on chevymalibuforum.com i think a dealer put a ph64 which malibu's like mine take on and it fit to an exact but the manual said to use filter UPF64R and the dealership swapped it out. So im thinking it's and upgraded ph64 maybe....

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

What's the date code on that can?
smile.gif

Not sure how to date filters, I bought a couple from Summit Racing a few months ago, One is on my car this is the other.....

Originally Posted By: FastLane
I thought the GM performance filters were built by Mobil 1. Same filter.

M1 filters are also made by Fram

GM CUSTOMER CARE & AFTERSALES
URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY

DATE 02/25/2016
SUBJECT Oil Filter Usage
MODELS 2016 Buick Encore, Chevrolet, Malibu, Cruze, Spark, & Volt Equipped with Engine RPOs LE2, LV7, LFV and L3A
TO All Chevrolet, Buick, & GMC Dealers
ATTN Parts Managers, Service Managers, Service Technicians and Fleet Service and Part Managers

The new small gas engines launched in the 2016 vehicles use oil filter P/N 12667194.
This P/N has been superseded to P/N12670058, then superseded to P/N12674698 (AC Delco UPF64R).

If this part number is unavailable you can use oil filter P/N 12640445 (AC Delco PF64) until stock becomes available for the P/N12667194 - P/N12670058 – P/N12674698 oil filter (AC Delco UPF64R).

Thank you for your cooperation.

END OF MESSAGE
GM CUSTOMER CARE & AFTERSALES

What's the difference between the PF64 and the UPF64R? I have a 2017 CTS-V on order and it calls for the PF64. Is the UPF64R better and have better internals? I am also wondering if you can run the taller PF63 over the shorter PF64 without any issues. Any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back