S13 polishing and waxing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today im going to polish and wax my s13....i never did a polish on it before.
So here goes my question after i polish the car should i wash it again before i wax?
or once the polishing is complete, wax the car directly after?

For the record, an S13 is a 1989-1994 Nissan 240SX. After that, it became an S14.

You're welcome.

1280px-1990_240sx_Quarter_View.JPG

Originally Posted By: Nissan101
mine is an s13 -_-

Indeed. However, a not Nissan person would have no idea what you were talking about.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Polish and remove all polish with the aid of a quick detail product, then lay your wax.

What does this mean? A quick detail product? LOL!! What is a Quick Detail Product and which one removed polish/wax compounds?

Last edited:
I've always waxed right after polishing. There maybe only a little polish oils left but they mix with the wax. There is so little of it left. Spread the wax ETREMELY thin to make removing it much easier. Do it in the shade. Look it over for any missed spots when your finished with the wax. The car will look fine when finished. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Polish and remove all polish with the aid of a quick detail product, then lay your wax.

What does this mean? A quick detail product? LOL!! What is a Quick Detail Product and which one removed polish/wax compounds?

I use whatever polish or polishes I need to get the finish to shine, and then wipe off.

I use a Quick Detailer product to remove any excess polish from cracks or any that has dried on the paint (looks like a dull spot)

I finish with my wax or sealant.

I got a bunch of Griot's stuff last Christmas, so my exact products ATM are: Griot's Machine Polish 3, then I remove all excess using their Speed Shine as a removal aid. I wax with their Best of Show carnauba wax, and I use their Spray Wax as a removal aid/finisher to the Best of Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back