PENTIUS & ECOGARD are sleeper Synthetic Air Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I changed my Air Filter.

It was a PENTIUS and it was great. Awesome synthetic media and was extremely well made, comparable to OEM.

If you can get them 10-12$ for the Engine or Cabin Air Filters, these things are amazingly well made.

Order them for that price on Amazon with FREE shipping you'll be glad you did.

I stocked up so I am good for filters for the rest of the life of the car, and I'm glad I did, they were dirt cheap.

Last edited:
For my application I am almost convinced the Ecogard and Pentius are identical to FRAM, compared pics and I am fairly certain.

Great ~10$ filters!!

this seems to be the common denominator anymore where the old mainstay companies like FRAM,PUROLATOR,and DENSO are purchasing foreign CHINESE filters and boxing them as the real McCoy. I recently found the non OEM Denso filter for my truck is CHINESE made. CHINESE MADE Also the description of this filter says it has 3 layers of media which corresponds with Genuine Toyota filter made in the USA, and I would assume it filters the air as well for $8.06 & free ship as opposed to $$15-$20 plus tax Genuine Toyota one

Last edited:
Up here in Canada, our OEM Honda filters are 40-50$ each at the Dealer.

In the States, I think you can find "fairer" prices on OEM, but in Canada it is more difficult.

And the free shipping it is super easy off Amazon when other's confirm the quality first hand that are BITOG members.

Originally Posted By: circuitsmith
Not everything the Chinese make is cheap junk.
Who here remembers the '60s when made in Japan = cheap junk?
very true

Originally Posted By: Falken
Up here in Canada, our OEM Honda filters are 40-50$ each at the Dealer.

In the States, I think you can find "fairer" prices on OEM, but in Canada it is more difficult.

And the free shipping it is super easy off Amazon when other's confirm the quality first hand that are BITOG members.
I have a 2006 Honda accord 2.4l 4 banger I was religiously using the OEM Honda cabin and air filters since I bought it new, but this last time around I used some filters I bought on EBAY at 1/2 the cost and once again I could not visually see any difference from the OEMs they replaced, they were identical, except for the packaging in which they arrived,seems like the manufactorers are marking up the prices for having a HONDA badge and packaging.

So it's confirmed, these are Synthetic filters, great quality.

I went to Canadian Tire today and looked at the FRAM version of Ecogard and Pentius.

These Filters are FRAMs. But at half the price.

Stock up if you have the few bucks... These are 1/4 the price of OEM Honda.

Originally Posted By: circuitsmith
Not everything the Chinese make is cheap junk.
Who here remembers the '60s when made in Japan = cheap junk?

in the early sixties, you would get laughed off the baseball field if you glove said "made in japan".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back