Delvac 1 5/40 high oxidation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondered if anyone has found a high oxidation result on Delvac 1 5/40?, the first analysis was done at only 200 miles and then at 1800 and both results were high.

Most likely due to esters in the oil.
I am currently running Delvac 1 SHC 5W40 and have 20K mi on the oil, estimate there will be 28K on it when I get home to change it. 29.6L sump, 2.5L every 6250mi makeup, 6.4L engine.

Charlie

Thanks for sharing. Am using that oil as well in a powerstroke 6.7. Please let us know what you find out? Hope someone on here has an answer. Best.

At 200 miles that's almost a VOA, so its almost certainly a characteristic of the oil, essentially an artefact.

If you could get hold of a VOA that'd confirm.

You could try posting a query on their website. I havn't found them very responsive, but your query is probably of more (commercial) interest.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Yes, one should ideally have a VOA from the same lab.
I need to speak to the lab really, I gave them a Virgin sample this time as well and they said I still had a high oxidation level on my used samples even when they had taken the reference oil away from it.
I need to see if they have an actual oxidation level for the Virgin sample because I seem to have a high reading originally at my 200 mile anaysis.

I have read before that there Estas based oils can give strange readings.

your silicon is awfully high for such low mileage, usually indicating poor air filtration - unless it is from antifoaming ingredients, which should show up as Si in a VOA. My last UOA at 17.5K miles showed only 3ppm with the SHC.
Charlie

The virgin sample I linked above shows 9 abs/cm. What exactly is the value this lab says is 133%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back