Ea0, Rp or Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Contact Mircogreen and ask them for actual flow vs delta-p data and at what oil viscosity. I'd be surprised if they actually gave you real data since they seem to skirt their other specs.

OK so I'll take that as your way of admitting you have no actual reason to believe the MG is inadequate for flow. Thanks

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: corndogzombie
Intresting info.
Why do you doubt a microgreen can flow as well as the others? It's a full flow filter for the most part. Just a small percentage is diverted through the micro filter wafer while it flows.
Do we have any flow data for the mg? Or were you just guessing, speculating, making that up?

No there is no published data and you should know that by now.

Should i?
What I do know is Microgreen is a successful innovative manufacturer. They cross reference their filters to function properly for each application . So they provide adequate flow.

What I do know is Microgreen is a successful innovative manufacturer. They cross reference their filters to meet oem specs. So they provide adequate flow.

You got test data to back that up, or is it just your "feeling"? Without real test numbers you'll never know. That's why I said to contact Microgreen and see if they are forthcoming or will skirt the question. I question their flow ability until it can be proven they flow just as well as others on the market.

What I do know is Microgreen is a successful innovative manufacturer. They cross reference their filters to meet oem specs. So they provide adequate flow.

You got test data to back that up, or is it just your "feeling"? Without real test numbers you'll never know. That's why I said to contact Microgreen and see if they are forthcoming or will skirt the question. I question their flow ability until it can be proven they flow just as well as others on the market.

Q: Do microGreen filters meet or exceed OEM requirements?
A: All of our filters are designed and manufactured to meet or exceed all of the OEM performance requirements. New car and truck warranties remain fully in effect. We also provide a SOMS limited warranty—learn more about it on our Warranty page.
That coupled with the knowledge that the company has been around long enough now and that their filters are servicing many different applications in many fleets and in personal use as well as the fact that I've got one on my fusion right now no issues as well as the positive results posted by others here, is enough for me.
I might not be quite as ocd as you are. Or it might just be that I'm not agenda driven like you are, hmmm?????

LoL ... "agenda driven"? Just what do you think my "agenda" is? I know what yours is.
grin.gif

Call up Micorgreen and ask them if it's OK to use their oil filter on a 750 HP race engine (far cry from a Fusion) and if they will warranty and pay for any damage to that engine if the filter causes damage. I pretty much know what they will say. This is not your typical "OEM application".

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
OK, I have to ask, what are your former incarnations CD?

I smelled many from the day he showed up.
grin.gif

LoL ... "agenda driven"? Just what do you think my "agenda" is? I know what yours is.
grin.gif

Call up Micorgreen and ask them if it's OK to use their oil filter on a 750 HP race engine (far cry from a Fusion) and if they will warranty and pay for any damage to that engine if the filter causes damage. I pretty much know what they will say. This is not your typical "OEM application".

Sure ok I'll ask fram and Amsoil the same. It's a special application and the op should be taking the right percautions, I have to concede to that. But that doesn't answer what you are basing your opinion on when you say that the microgreen probably doesn't flow as well as the others.
I'm simply asking what info you used to determine that or if you just made it up.

OK, I have to ask, what are your former incarnations CD?

Well I feel like I was I fly on your window pane in my last life so be careful I might know things you don't want anybody else knowing.
But seriously I appreciate if you can refrain from the conversation. Unless you are capable of having an intelligent conversation in which all parties might not agree but without resorting to accusatory tactics.

grin.gif

Sure ok I'll ask fram and Amsoil the same. It's a special application and the op should be taking the right percautions, I have to concede to that. But that doesn't answer what you are basing your opinion on when you say that the microgreen probably doesn't flow as well as the others.
I'm simply asking what info you used to determine that or if you just made it up.

This is the only statement on Microgreen's website about their flow:
"The microGreen filter has been subject to extensive industry standard laboratory tests. These tests concluded that the microGreen filter does not impede engine performance and the flow of lubrication to the engine, and that the pressure gradients and flow rates are comparable to conventional oil filters."

So if you believe that without any real test numbers (ie, Flow GPM vs Delta-p) then by all means put one on a 750 HP engine.
grin.gif

I'd probably put one on my 250 HP Tacoma, but not on a 750 HP Coyote in a Mustang. That's the subject of this thread, not a filter for a Fusion.

grin.gif

"The microGreen filter has been subject to extensive industry standard laboratory tests. These tests concluded that the microGreen filter does not impede engine performance and the flow of lubrication to the engine, and that the pressure gradients and flow rates are comparable to conventional oil filters."

So if you believe that without any real test numbers (ie, Flow GPM vs Delta-p) then by all means put one on a 750 HP engine.
grin.gif

I'd probably put one on my 250 HP Tacoma, but not on a 750 HP Coyote in a Mustang. That's the subject of this thread, not a filter for a Fusion.

I addressed that above. We're taking about your claim that the mg dosent flow as well as the ultra or eoa or p1.
I'm still waiting for you to fill me in on how you came to that conclusion .

OK Einstein

'Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.'...Einstein

Having mingled a bit in quantum physics, it appears to support that idea.
Wish I could experience the neurological phenomenons that Einstein did.

grin.gif

grin.gif

I addressed that above. We're taking about your claim that the mg dosent flow as well as the ultra or eoa or p1.
I'm still waiting for you to fill me in on how you came to that conclusion .

Microgreen has no real test data to show what the actual flow rate vs delta-p is. Like I said, if I was looking for an oil filter for a 750 HP engine I'd [censored] well sure want to know what the actual flow vs delta-p was ... not rely on a general statement that it "flows good". It's really not hard to understand.

Contact Microgreen and ask if they suggest using their filter on a built 750 HP Ford Coyote engine - which probably also has a high volume oil pump modification to it.

If they could send test data that showed it flowed as well as the Ford Racing or Ultra or whatever that flows that well up to around 12~14 GPM, then it might be an option. Until then, not an option IMO.

Lol, your running away. You keep going back to 750 hp blah blah. You know what I'm asking you for. You made a claim and I'm trying to see how you support it. I already agreed that the op should take correct percautions. Heck maybe mg makes a race filter but I doubt it. That's all besides the point though.
Now back to the "I doubt the mg flows as well as the others" thing. I'm simply asking you to fill me in on how you came up with that. If it was just emotionally based or hopeful thinking fine just say so and we'll move on. If it's based on some facts you have then let's hear it.

Hey...you guys are shooting my coyote short a lot of power here guys. Lol

Its capable of 1800 crank (1400rwhpish) on high boost. Medium boost around 1500 crank (1200s rwhp) and low boost around high 800s. Ive never used high boost though.

My powerglide eats up a lot of power.
grin.gif

Last edited:
Lol, your running away. You keep going back to 750 hp blah blah. You know what I'm asking you for. You made a claim and I'm trying to see how you support it. I already agreed that the op should take correct percautions. Heck maybe mg makes a race filter but I doubt it. That's all besides the point though.
Now back to the "I doubt the mg flows as well as the others" thing. I'm simply asking you to fill me in on how you came up with that. If it was just emotionally based or hopeful thinking fine just say so and we'll move on. If it's based on some facts you have then let's hear it.

Get a little smarter about what's taking place in this thread. This thread is specifically about finding an oil filter for a built up 750+ HP V8. And I'm betting it also has a higher volume oil pump on it then the OEM pump - which means it's even more important to have a filter that will flow 12~14 GPM all day long without going into bypass.

You think a MG flows as good as a Ford Racing oil filter? If so, then contact MG and verify it. My bet is that it does not flow as good as a Ford Racing filter, or even an Ultra because it's not a full synthetic media. So you ask me to "prove it" and I'm asking you to "prove it" ... so I guess it's a stale mate.

As I said, and it's really not hard to grasp, would you run a filter that has real flow data or one that doesn't on an engine like this? You claimed (quote): "I already agreed that the op should take correct percautions." ... so does that mean he should put on a Microgreen? Stop trolling with nonsense. If you don't like my suggestion of NOT using a Mircrogreen, then it's just too bad and you'll just have to live with it.
whistle.gif

And to add ... the Ford Racing oil filter has a higher bypass valve setting (17~23 PSI) for obvious reasons. Because Ford knows there is higher delta-p when the oil pump is maxed out near redline and some racers also use higher viscosity oil, so they've increased the bypass valve setting so it stays closed while racing.

Even as a fan of them in OEM applications - I wouldn't run a Micro greens in my high performance (700 and up) engines.

I run Napa golds (or wix equivalent) in my Ilmor 710, and non bypass filters on my BBC with filtermags for these apps - and 20 hour OCI's.

UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back