Fram ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know is there much difference between the flow rate of the Fram Ultra vs the Tough Guard?

Im not sure if fram posts their flow rates if i remember correctly Wix may still list their flow rates but im not 100% sure of that.. Wix also has great build quality. I used the ultra in the past and it seemed to flow just fine, no strange start up noises or any other problem using the ultra i also cut open a few and they looked good. I have one on my workbench in the garage waiting to go on a civic. One of our members motorking can answer that question he works for fram.

Motorking already gave his comments on the Ultra flow rate.

Start reading this thread from here: LINK

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Anyone know is there much difference between the flow rate of the Fram Ultra vs the Tough Guard?

Not enough to matter

I remember seeing somewhere the Ultra did flow better. And it does hold more more dirt capacity as well.

Ultra will have better flow due to the full synthetic media vs. the Tough Guard blended media. One thing I've seen that's interesting at WM is-some Ultras aren't that much more expensive than a Tough Guard in the same size, & the Ultra is entirely capable of 20 K in a clean engine.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Ultra will have better flow due to the full synthetic media vs. the Tough Guard blended media. One thing I've seen that's interesting at WM is-some Ultras aren't that much more expensive than a Tough Guard in the same size, & the Ultra is entirely capable of 20 K in a clean engine.

That's the case with my fusion. I think it's not much more than a dollar difference in price. Kinda a no Brainerd there

They both provide sufficient flow, but the Ultra does flow better. In addition to better flow it has significantly more capacity, very stout construction, is capable of longer OCI's and is priced better.

I normally change my oil at the 5000 mile mark, but i normally use Fram extra-guard, would u consider it over kill to start using the FRAM ultra with my OCI?

Originally Posted By: Nissan101
I normally change my oil at the 5000 mile mark, but i normally use Fram extra-guard, would u consider it over kill to start using the FRAM ultra with my OCI?

Not if you leave the Ultra on for 2 oil changes so you get at least 10K miles out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back