oxford style dress shoes

HTB1rJZwIVXXXXcPXFXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg

stc-584l-cru-602-lady-riva-ge6.png

my brother wants us to wear shoes like this in his wedding.... cmon bro

can anyone point me towards something similar in the same color that isnt 4 inch longer than my actual foot...

that don't look like they belong on an ELF?
I feel like someone is trying to steal my manhood

Man I love those wingtips! (the bottom pair). Probably the most traditional men's dress shoe that will never go out of style. I wear Florsheim wingtips in black.

It is a raw deal though,someone invites you to be in their wedding but YOU have to cough up the dough to buy the clothes :p

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
$395???
I dont use redline oil either....

Haha AWESOME come back!! But,if you buy a high end pair of shoes like that,they'll probably last the rest of your life. Plus you can wear then anytime you need to dress up. Something I'll gladly lay down the $$ for is good shoes. Well worth it!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
$395???
I dont use redline oil either....

Haha AWESOME come back!! But,if you buy a high end pair of shoes like that,they'll probably last the rest of your life. Plus you can wear then anytime you need to dress up. Something I'll gladly lay down the $$ for is good shoes. Well worth it!

They definately last longer so the costs isnt as bad as it seems. Prior to buying those I purchased a pair of the park avenues. Wore them nearly every day for like 4 years before getting them recrafted.They are made in usa so the additional expense makes it worth it.

Those are beautiful shoes. I only wear dress shoes. loafers / wingtips they all are awesome! but I would do black instead of brown at a wedding.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I can't stand pointy either.. I think it's an "in" thing.. Too bad, I apparently hate in things. They're so dumb looking.

Agreed I put pointy shoes In The same category as engagement rings with tiny diamonds surrounding the larger stone.

Originally Posted By: abycat
Those are beautiful shoes. I only wear dress shoes. loafers / wingtips they all are awesome! but I would do black instead of brown at a wedding.

Agree. Buy black.

Agree. Buy black.

But he is having us buy navy blue pants and coat.

Agree. Buy black.

But he is having us buy navy blue pants and coat.

black or brown would go with the colors but black oxfords would make the guys look a bit more classy. Not saying Brown isn't classy but at a traditional wedding no Brown shoes. But to an untraditional wedding Brown could work. I always consider my brown dress shoes as my I'm going to get some dirty work done today shoes
smile.gif
really a couples wedding is their thing and really they could wear sandles and nobody should say a word. still leaning towards a nice black oxford. wingtip or my favorite captoe.

black or brown would go with the colors but black oxfords would make the guys look a bit more classy. Not saying Brown isn't classy but at a traditional wedding no Brown shoes. But to an untraditional wedding Brown could work. I always consider my brown dress shoes as my I'm going to get some dirty work done today shoes
smile.gif
really a couples wedding is their thing and really they could wear sandles and nobody should say a word. still leaning towards a nice black oxford. wingtip or my favorite captoe.

Yep. Brown shoes are more casual. Black are more dress-professional.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
I can't stand pointy either.. I think it's an "in" thing.. Too bad, I apparently hate in things. They're so dumb looking.

Agree 100%.

I still have several pair similar to the ones shown in black, cordovan and brown. The current fashion appears to be tan. In my career I've worn out many pair through hard daily use. I had a "special pair" for obstetrics - and put them in the garbage when I stopped doing that. I used to rotate about a half dozen pair. The leather soles have to be replaced periodically. A good shop can replace the soles at least 3 times. By then the interiors are pretty getting ratty.

You'll need wooden shoe trees to keep their shape. Sometimes you need a $40 investment to protect your $300 investment.

With black you can cover a multitude of scrapes with polish. My 15 year old (resoled twice) shoes look like new after a good polish. That isn't so true with cordovan (and won't be true for tan either). My preference is black oxfords with a nubbly finish, but I can go with wingstips and a high gloss too.

There are no manly issues involved here. When you take them off you put on your 'working in the yard', or your 'oily auto work' boots. It's all good.

Back