People who run into animals ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: horse123

The rest of the people do it deliberately. They're psychopaths and no different than an animal abuser or a wife beater. These people need to also not be allowed to drive because they're a threat to everyone and everything on the road. I'd also hazard a guess that many of these people are also serious road rage offenders, seem like the same kind of people.

Anyone wanna try to change my view?

No because you are probably small minded. We had 4 teens killed when the driver of their car swerved to avoid a squirrel, lost control and hit an oak tree. I believe if you are so traumatized by animals getting killed by motor vehicles you should seriously seek professional help. I live in a National Park and there are animals run over every day. The police don't even take reports anymore. There are about 475 deer killed in my 11 Sq. mile town annually. Then the "Bambi-lovers" go completely off the reservation when the Park Service culls 3-500 of them at a time.

The problem is....too many animals & humans occupying the same space........then again maybe all of these animals are simply committing suicide.....sheesh...
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: horse123
Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
Have you seen anybody do this ? ? ?
I have never heard of anyone deliberately running over a squirrel or other small animal.

The whole reason I posted is because I watched someone launch a poor crow 75+ feet in the air today on the freeway. There was a car behind them, but no car in the lane next to them. They didn't react at all, makes me really believe they thought "LOL KILLING ANIMALS IS FUNNY IM GONNA SEE HOW FAR I CAN LAUNCH THIS BIRD"

You are completely nuts...........
crazy2.gif
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
What's the difference between a dead snake in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

There are skid marks before the snake.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gman2304
A local woman slammed on her brakes to avoid a Canada goose and her chicks here recently, and caused a chain reaction accident that sent 3 people to the hospital, with one vehicle turning over and coming to rest on it's top. The local TV station gave a brief description of the NC state law about hitting animals while driving. It is against the law here to intentionally hit an animal, but common sense should kick in occasionally and one should not jeopardize human lives in trying to avoid an animal in the roadway.

To be fair not a single one of the cars involved in the accident was following at an even remotely safe distance then. If they were at a safe distance, they could have stopped in time regardless of how fast the first person stop.

^ To be fair,^ This happened on a 4 lane road with a center turning lane, 5 lanes total. The woman who avoided the goose swerved to miss the bird and hit the car beside her which went into oncoming traffic striking another vehicle causing it to over turn, sending 3 people to the local hospital. Following too close had nothing to do with the accident. None of the vehicles were hit from behind. If the woman had been aware of the other vehicles around her and had stayed in her lane and sacrificed the goose, then 3 people wouldn't have been sent to the hospital.

I will do anything I can NOT to hit an animal in my vehicle SHORT of wrecking my vehicle, or causing an accident with another...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I will do anything I can NOT to hit an animal in my vehicle SHORT of wrecking my vehicle, or causing an accident with another...

Yep...same here. Pretty simple, common sense answer, based on logic. No need for anybody to get all worked up.

I've come to learn people who throw around phrases like "you seriously need professional help" like they're nothing are very immature and unintelligent.

I'll have to say today I purposely ran over a Ground Squirrel and I am quite happy about that fact. Also today I stopped and let a Covey of Quail, a Hen and Chicks cross the road and I am quite happy about that fact.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Everytime I see a turtle crossing the road,I stop to block traffic,put on my hazards,and carry him across the road to safety (always put a turtle in the direction they were going). I saved two HUGE common snappers one time crossing the road (common snappers are FAST by the way so always handle them with care). I found a small red eared slider standing in the middle of the road on time. I drove him to the nearest creek and set him free.

People that deliberately harm,hurt,abuse,or kill animals should die a million slow painful deaths.

We should absolutely take care of animals and all living beings for that matter, but lets not forget the HUMAN lives that we snuff out here in America every day though abortion. Nobody likes to talk about that.
I haven't snuffed out any one for 6 months. WE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back