Radiator Hose Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to replace the upper and lower radiator hoses on my 2003 S-10 V-6. What brand of hoses should I buy for best durability? Thanks!

Last edited:
If you don't want GM/Delco hoses, Gates or Dayco are usually fine, especially for American vehicles.

I've had fitment problems with Gates hoses on European and Japanese cars though.

Last edited:
Gates hoses are the OEM brand in GM vehicles so I would have no issues going with an OE-equipped hose. NAPA rebrands their hoses as NAPA Belts & Hoses line if you have them nearby.

I wouldve thought any modern EPDM hose these days should be of good quality. Fitment is a different story and I noticed many Gates hoses are cut to fit. For my 4Runner, the Gates hoses worked but you can definitely see that some of the premade angles were slightly off.

A possible 14 year age could easily put anyone into the "It'll make me feel better" zone.

I am not answering for the Arkansan...just my guess.

Remember, everyone knows hoses are much better than before but NOBODY will commit to ANY estimate of lifespan.

...and we're all so smart.

This (14 years) is when I did my sister's Jeep's hoses. The old ones looked a bit dry and crispy compared to the new ones.

I'm doing my 2002 Volvo's now. Remember to do any and all. 2 radiator, 2 heater AND whatever bypass hoses might exist.

Also, do they not age from within as well? Would you inspect a 14 year old hose's inwards then REINSTALL IT? I don't think so. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
A possible 14 year age could easily put anyone into the "It'll make me feel better" zone.

I am not answering for the Arkansan...just my guess.

Remember, everyone knows hoses are much better than before but NOBODY will commit to ANY estimate of lifespan.

...and we're all so smart.

This (14 years) is when I did my sister's Jeep's hoses. The old ones looked a bit dry and crispy compared to the new ones.

I'm doing my 2002 Volvo's now. Remember to do any and all. 2 radiator, 2 heater AND whatever bypass hoses might exist.

Also, do they not age from within as well? Would you inspect a 14 year old hose's inwards then REINSTALL IT? I don't think so. Kira

I agree. I did my trucks hoses last year when I had to replace the intake manifold. Had the coolant drained anyway, and one less thing to worry about. The old hoses (inside andout) looked and felt fine and probably could have lasted a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back