Truck a/c

Status
Not open for further replies.
1998 Silverado 5.0l. A/c compressor runs constantly but no cold air. Checked with my AC Pro hose ( I know I know) and reading on that gauge is normal. Your thoughts as to the issue? Thx.

Do the hoses get hot (high side) and cold (low side)? If so I'd look at the blend door to see if it's not moving properly.

It just 1 hose on the low pressure port. All other hvac functions normal.

I would look for an issue with a blend door. There are safeguards incorporated into an a/c system where the compressor will not engage if the refridgerant level gets too low. Yours is running w/o cold air.

Last edited:
Back to what itguy said, if the evaporator outlet pipe and accumulator get cold, the refrigeration system is OK. In that case the air from the vents may be warm because the blend system in the dash is letting the heater core reheat it.

Unless you have high side pressure readings, you can't expect to get a proper diagnosis. If a compressor runs constantly, but there isn't much change between high and low side pressures, the compressor has failed.

Get the proper tools to diagnose it or pay an auto repair shop to diagnose it. After paying a repair shop for diagnosis, you can pay them to recover your refrigerant, replace your parts, then pay them to vacuum and recharge the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back