What does Liqui-Moly CERATEC do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BLKROKT
dailydriver said:
No problem. I'm a big believer in hard data. Put a 300ml bottle in for about 8.5 quarts of M1 0W-40. I'm trying this because with the flat-tappet design of these engines, the lifters and cams tend to wear prematurely as the oil on cold starts doesn't get to them fast enough, and they bleed out quickly on shutdown. Minor design flaw, but makes some noise as the lifters wear.

Than stay away from thin and lighweight oils ( 0w-xy or sae20/30...)

Try to get some EU vw 505.01 (full saps) or vw 507 (low saps) oil for vw PD engines...it has additive that makes oil more stay put.....otherwise you ruin cam ( PD injectors are hard on cam...lot of preasure there at cold starts-due to no oil there at cold start)

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
The only way to show it's effectiveness (and MoS2, graphite and other anti-wear products)) would be if you have a lot of UOA including TBN and there's a definite reduction in TBN loss. This is only going to work if the product itself doesn't contribute to TBN and you're using the same oil for a while to establish a base line.

Even with that I don't know what kind of conclusion you could make.

thumbsup2.gif

Me neither!

Last edited:
Used Ceratec and had a uoa that was awesome. I would use it in a heartbeat
Aluminum 2
Chromium 0
Copper 0
Iron 10
Tin 0
Molybdenum 358
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 456
Silicon 7
Sodium 9
Calcium 2664
Magnesium 15
Phosphorus 747
Zinc 959
Barium 0
SUS Viscosity @210f 66.0
cST Viscosity @100c 11.89
Flashpoint F 370
Fuel % Antifreeze 0.0
Water 0.0
Insoluble .3
TBN 3.6

Car is 2012 Hyundai Accent 1.6L hatchback

Oil used pennzoil platinum w slight pennzoil ultra(30-60ml) and 150ml ceratec and (90)motor oil saver.
Miles on oil was slightly over 4k.
Oil test done by blackstone.
Napa oil filter gold, with injen blue nano filter w dry filter.
Fuel is 87 pure gas hyvee or caseys with gumout all in one cleaner.
Mileage on engine was 175008 to 179480.
Also has evilla motorsport axle back magnaflow exhaust and throttle is cleaned with CRC IVD every 10k.
Lab number H13542
Code 20/685

Cleaned out autozone in Junction City Kansas of pennzoil ultra platinum 5w30 for 2.00 qt . Got 15 qts for 31.74. Will be doing another uoa soon. I am at 190,000 plus miles now. Been dropping one teaspoon of gumout multi tune in crankcase every oil change on Saturday before each oil change and running it 30 minutes before oci. Ceratec works and though its expensive, it works. Treat the motor at 3/4 the rate and then I add 30 ml every oci there after. Been using motor oil saver to keep RMS from leaking and its worked at minimum dosage.

i'm not sure that a teaspoon is doing anything and a 2012 with regular oil changes is likely fairly clean by that itself.

if you'd like to make it effective for future, use an ounce of your additive per cylinder of engine as a flush prior to oil change.

4cylinder=4oz
6cylinder=6oz
etc...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Used Ceratec and had a uoa that was awesome. I would use it in a heartbeat
Aluminum 2
Chromium 0
Copper 0
Iron 10
Tin 0
Molybdenum 358
Nickel 0
Manganese 0
Silver 0
Titanium 0
Potassium 0
Boron 456
Silicon 7
Sodium 9
Calcium 2664
Magnesium 15
Phosphorus 747
Zinc 959
Barium 0
SUS Viscosity @210f 66.0
cST Viscosity @100c 11.89
Flashpoint F 370
Fuel % Antifreeze 0.0
Water 0.0
Insoluble .3
TBN 3.6

Car is 2012 Hyundai Accent 1.6L hatchback

Oil used pennzoil platinum w slight pennzoil ultra(30-60ml) and 150ml ceratec and (90)motor oil saver.
Miles on oil was slightly over 4k.
Oil test done by blackstone.
Napa oil filter gold, with injen blue nano filter w dry filter.
Fuel is 87 pure gas hyvee or caseys with gumout all in one cleaner.
Mileage on engine was 175008 to 179480.
Also has evilla motorsport axle back magnaflow exhaust and throttle is cleaned with CRC IVD every 10k.
Lab number H13542
Code 20/685

What did the VOA show and why is this Awesome?

Originally Posted By: Solarent
...There are lots of reasons why a formulator or oil marketer would choose to use different VII/VM packages - sometimes it's a performance requirement, sometimes its for reduced manufacturing complexity, sometimes its price. When you think about all the little details that go on to get to that final formula just right - you can probably see why formulators get annoyed when internet gurus and aftermarket companies thinks it's ok to mix in their own "special ingredients" as a way to improve on the formula - especially when there is no standardized testing involved.

Last edited:
Sorry for my English

BMW E46 320D 1998 with 400K Kms
cool.gif

I use to do the revisions with Castrol 5w-30 LL4 - for 13 Years

Now i Only use LM 4200 Top Tec 5w-30 5L (42€) + Ceratec (16€)

And it does wonders to my Bimmer Motor.
From Time to Time i also use LM Oil Flush

The Car runs a lot smoother and the engine is more available then before.

One thing i also noticed, its in consumption L/100kms, its lower making less +- 1 liter.
I was making 7-8L/100Kms in a mix of City (Lisbon) and same highway, now its making 6-7L/100Kms.
I m not reading the on board computer, but the Liters that i put in the Gas Station.

I do my revisions 20K in 20K i replace every filter including Breader.
When i replace the Diesel Filter i clean the housing leaving no diesel inside
and putt inside same LM Diesel Purge (Diesel Spulung It costs 9€) Then let the new filter soak with LM Disel Spulung
to clean the injection nozzles and combustion chamber

All I can say is - it works
smile.gif

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back