People who run into animals ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the side of the road, either need to not be allowed to drive because they can't see/pay attention, or they're psychopaths and they should be put in jail.

It's one thing if there's a squirrel and you're going 75 with traffic on all sides of you, but I see people deliberately hit cats, turtles, crows, etc sitting on the road, when there was plenty of time to react and get out of the way safely.

Some people may actually not see them, in which case they need to not be driving because they're either blind and not using their glasses, or they aren't mentally capable of paying attention to what's on the road in front of them.

The rest of the people do it deliberately. They're psychopaths and no different than an animal abuser or a wife beater. These people need to also not be allowed to drive because they're a threat to everyone and everything on the road. I'd also hazard a guess that many of these people are also serious road rage offenders, seem like the same kind of people.

Anyone wanna try to change my view?

Last edited:
It may be true, but I've never actually seen anyone deliberately hit an animal. For me, I've trained myself not to swerve if I see an animal on the road like a squirrel, I'll slow down if it's reasonable like around 30 in the city, but if I'm on the highway going 60+ and something darts out, I'm going straight. In all my years, I think I've only possibility hit one, there was a spray of blood on my back fender, although it could have been from a previous roadkill.

Have you seen anybody do this ? ? ?
I have never heard of anyone deliberately running over a squirrel or other small animal.

I did learn a valuable lesson once.
I was driving down a road and saw a Turtle just starting to cross.
I thought I would do my shopping and on the way home, stop and help him cross the street.
Meaning I would pick him up and set him on the other side.

Well, I was very disappointed when I saw him flattened out.
He didn't make it much further than when I first saw him.

It like driving down the road and seeing something nice in somebodies garbage,
you have to stop right away and get it.

Anybody who would run an animal over on purpose is scum.

Yep....some people are freakish psychopathics that are basically a frog hair away from being capable of human murder.

I hit my brakes and put my car on angle to block 2 lanes of traffic so mother duck and chicks could cross the road safely.

Chicks looked like brown cotton balls slowly crossing road.

Originally Posted By: horse123
on the side of the road, either need to not be allowed to drive because they can't see/pay attention, or they're psychopaths and they should be put in jail.

It's one thing if there's a squirrel and you're going 75 with traffic on all sides of you, but I see people deliberately hit cats, turtles, crows, etc sitting on the road, when there was plenty of time to react and get out of the way safely.

Some people may actually not see them, in which case they need to not be driving because they're either blind and not using their glasses, or they aren't mentally capable of paying attention to what's on the road in front of them.

The rest of the people do it deliberately. They're psychopaths and no different than an animal abuser or a wife beater. These people need to also not be allowed to drive because they're a threat to everyone and everything on the road. I'd also hazard a guess that many of these people are also serious road rage offenders, seem like the same kind of people.

Anyone wanna try to change my view?

How sick are the people in the area where you live? And no, I don't want to change your view. I have far better things to do.

Terrible if someone purposely hits an animal. A mistake is one thing, purposely is just sad.

Everytime I see a turtle crossing the road,I stop to block traffic,put on my hazards,and carry him across the road to safety (always put a turtle in the direction they were going). I saved two HUGE common snappers one time crossing the road (common snappers are FAST by the way so always handle them with care). I found a small red eared slider standing in the middle of the road on time. I drove him to the nearest creek and set him free.

People that deliberately harm,hurt,abuse,or kill animals should die a million slow painful deaths.

You actually have seen people intentionally hit animals? Why don't you stop them and confront them?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Everytime I see a turtle crossing the road,I stop to block traffic,put on my hazards,and carry him across the road to safety (always put a turtle in the direction they were going). I saved two HUGE common snappers one time crossing the road (common snappers are FAST by the way so always handle them with care). I found a small red eared slider standing in the middle of the road on time. I drove him to the nearest creek and set him free.

People that deliberately harm,hurt,abuse,or kill animals should die a million slow painful deaths.

We should absolutely take care of animals and all living beings for that matter, but lets not forget the HUMAN lives that we snuff out here in America every day though abortion. Nobody likes to talk about that.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

We should absolutely take care of animals and all living beings for that matter, but lets not forget the HUMAN lives that we snuff out here in America every day though abortion. Nobody likes to talk about that.

This thread = Downhill

People who run into animals? I got a new Honda Civic and I try to avoid animals at all cost. Much damage can come from Wiley Coyote or Donald Duck. There is nothing professional about hitting an animal. Ive only ran over insects,one squirrels tail, and a couple snakes and my only prideful thought was that snake wont now bite some kid. My pride and joy are dogs...i try so hard not to hit a K9.

I will try to run down ground squirrels but I shoot everything else I don't like. The list is very short, mostly non-native invasive species and does not include any of the animals everyone else saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back