Last edited:
Troy Bilt push mower with Honda GCV160
Craftsman Tiller B&S 5HP
Huskee 42" riding mower Chinese 18HP motor MC FL910S

All got:

Out: Mobil 1 HM 10W30
In: Mobil 1 HM 10W30

Last edited:
Unknown year troybilt horse tiller just bought- 8hp industrial briggs. Out- black old whoknows.. In Napa 15w40 bought at 2.19qt. Ran for 3 hours- drain and fill with same Napa 15w40.

Troybilt mower with Honda engine and Murray mower with briggs engine- drained what i remember was 5w40 pennzoil euro from the Autozone clearance.. In Napa 15w40.

2007 John Deere x475 garden tractor with the Kawasaki 23hp v twin. Fram Tough Guard filter and fresh Rural King full synthetic 10w30 oil. Already grabbed the grease gun loaded with Mystik JT6 hi temp red grease and took care of the mower deck and all frame/suspension Zerks a few weeks ago. Sharpened the blades the same day I greased the beast.

L8R,
Matt

2014 Honda Mower with GCV160 engine. Out was Honda OPE 10w-30 (the one they sell at Home Depot) -- in Shell Rotella T6 5w-40. Getting into the summer months so I went a little heavier. So far so good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MikeinNY
2014 Honda Mower with GCV160 engine. Out was Honda OPE 10w-30 (the one they sell at Home Depot) -- in Shell Rotella T6 5w-40. Getting into the summer months so I went a little heavier. So far so good.

I've never gone thicker than spec on any Honda engine, be that automotive or OPE, but please keep us posted.

EXmark Commercial with Kawasaki:
In & Out--1qt Amsoil 4-stroke 30 & 1qt Amsoil UTV 10w40, M1 filter

Honda 190cc (two of them)
In & Out--Amsoil 4-stroke 30 (also qualifies as 10w30)

New 7000/8750 watt black max generator with Honda gx390 rotella 10w30 dumped after 1hr, rotella 10w30 in for another 2to3 hours of brake in, than rotella 5w40

Last edited:
B&S 190cc 6.75 HP motor on a Tr0ybuilt mower. Filled with some Peak 30 wt dino oil I had.
I know I changed it when I got it from my mom 4 years ago (she had it for 3-4 years and it was never changed) but can't remember if I changed it 2 years ago or not.
Oil was dark but did not look too bad (but who knows without a UOA). Used about 3 hrs a month June/July/August/Sept, and maybe 1.5 hrs the rest of the year. I probably should change it yearly, but I just don't think about it. I may run this till October then change with some Pennzoil Platinum 10w-30 I have (but no vehicles that spec it).
I also sharpened the blade, changed the plug, cleaned the air filter and ordered a new drive belt.

Just had to replace the carb on a neighbors Harbor Freight Chinese pressure washer. All rusted from water in the gas...

While we were at it, I decided to change the oil. Some weird black oil like Arco Graphite. Not sludge or tar like old, just weird ... Same in the pump reduction gear. In went PYB 10W-30 as that was what was on hand
smile.gif

2006 Craftsman LT3000 w/ 20 HP Briggs ... drained & filled with some Honda 0W20 (extras from work) and left the oil filter and the remaining 10W30 that was in there ...

This tractor is retired from everyday use and is only used to pull a trailer around the yard every once in a while, so never really goes above idle and doesn't warm up so I chose the 0W20 for easier starting
smile.gif

Update:

Did the third oil change on Black Max generator with Honda GX390 at 7 hours, placed to magnets in plastic dish to catch oil, just a few things showed up. Poured it into another container and see a little gold sand like material. Put in Rotella 10W30 (not syn)again and will run that until pre-winter change to Rotella 5w40.

Last edited:
Yesterday, Tecuseh 5 bhp splash lubed engine on a cheap mower bought twenty one years ago.
Probably around thirty hours on the oil.

Out: Vavoline 4T syn 20W-50

In: The same

The engine seems to do well with this oil. Consumption is very low, which pleases me because consumption is sometimes high with well-used Tecumsehs.

Huskee LT4200 riding mower with 420cc Powermore chinese motor.

Out: Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W30 and Motorcraft FL910S

In: Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W30 and Motorcraft FL910S

Oil and filter have been in service since the beginning of last Summer about 100 hours.

Back