best salvage auto part search engines info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems simple but will be a little more encompassing...

My first question is there any meaningful difference between the various easily US accessible parts search engines? Like do they all scan the same background databases, some back network whose name is hidden from the public but is probably like those realtor MLS searches and such?

My next question is whether there are any other databases than that such as more more specialized uses/that wouldn't be a part of that network. Including searchable databases for say european and japanese parts or maybe classic car parts even if shipping to the US be a bit of a serious hassle/issue, but for say import options that were never available in the US may be the only option..

And then how would one track down salvage yards that for some reason are not in those networks for some reason/is there even many of those, or is it sort of a given everyone is listed? Sometimes i've searched for certain parts on say car-part.com and there doesn't seem to be one in the entire US of A which makes me wonder where else to look other than special interest forums, message boards and such.

You have to consider that yards want to list items that they think will sell-- they won't list every trim screw on the 100s of 2003 Malibus that get crushed nearly instantly when they come in.

A u-pull it yard near me isn't on the network; still have to call them. I feel they're losing out. But the darn Millenials need to realize not everything's online yet.

It gets aggravating, like when searching for steel rims for snow tires and I have to pick between 12 hole vs 22 hole vs 5 spoke when really, anything will do.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

A u-pull it yard near me isn't on the network; still have to call them. I feel they're losing out. But the darn Millenials need to realize not everything's online yet.

Oh I totally get that, I grew up pre internet wandering yards the hard way pulling burrs and ticks out of my pants afterwards. I'm just wondering if there are multiple networks of different search engines or if everything is basically the same system. (sort of like google links all web pages together - as opposed to separate systems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back