Just bought a 2016 Kawasaki Teryx 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been checking out all aspects of it online but anybody here got maintenance / service / caveats advice I may have missed? Seems to be a pretty nice ride. Breaking it in as the owners manual advises and plan on following the OM recommendations for maintenance. Other than being a rubrics cube to change the belt, everything else looks easy.
Bitog being a collection of mostly obsessive oil guys, I kinda figure there ought to be some good advice here.
Thanks!

My bud has a 2012 teryx 4. He is OCD as it gets. Approx 4K miles on it. Nothing other then scheduled maintenance. Dealer talked him out of changing the belt so far. It runs and drives perfect every time.

We ride together a lot. I have Polaris rzr and while mine is a little more performance oriented, I have to do much more maintenance then he does. The Kawisakis are rock solid.

I have a 2015 Teryx2 I bought new in March of 2015. It has been bulletproof so far with app 1800 miles on it. Servicing this machine is easy! compared to a RZR I had for a year that was a nightmare by comparison.

I use Kawasaki oil filters and Shell Rotella 15-40 MA rated HDEO with oil/filter changes every year or app. 800 miles. It is a shared sump machine but I have detected no viscosity breakdown issues with Rotella. I use it in another ATV and several Cummins diesels.

Don't overtighten the drain plug. The factory installed oil filter was a beech to remove. They must have a factory gorilla installing them.

I changed the front and rear diff fluids at about 800 miles (it's due for another).

Amsoil ATV 80-90 wt GL-5 synthetic gear oil for the front fiff.

Tractor Supply Universal Tractor Fluid (Warren Oil Product) for the rear diff/wet brake. John Deere Hyguard is also a very good fluid for the rear diffs.
DO NOT USE TYPE 303 UNIVERSAL TRACTOR FLUID! WRONG STUFF.

So far my teryx has been problem free. I had the floorboard recall done and it was a well engineered upgrade. I think yours comes with it.

The only complaint I have with the Teryx is it's loud in the cab. A pair of loosely inserted foamies fixes that for me. The front and rear A-arm bolts are way overtightened from the factory. Retorgued them to about 70 ft/lbs and ride quality noticeably improved. The 3year warranty is a big reason I bought the Teryx. Until other manufacturers offer something comparable, I'm buying Kawi.

Check out the Teryx Forum for more detailed info on your new machine.

I just saw a 2016 T2 the other day and I was impressed. I'm narrowing it down to this or the Yamaha Viking.

I rode with a older couple in east lynn wv , they had 27000 miles
on the last year of the t2 750s . They said the only break down was
busted rear shock . The miles sold me !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back