AC Schrader valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some will work, some won't. Find one that will.
smile.gif

I may have to get this.
https://www.amazon.com/Mastercool-58490-Universal-Remover-Installer/dp/B00069V310/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_20?ie=UTF8&dpID=51QseMamgcL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR135%2C135_&psc=1&refRID=QVFZWTRJGTE8ABD064W2#Ask
Now the question is it worth it on a beater with a good dent in the front fender and 175K on the clock.

I bought That kit at napa that included a bunch of schrader cores and caps ( they would only sell the complete kit ) and a core remover tool with 2 different sizes. Vehicle i chanded it on was a 06 ford explorer and it was the fat schrader core, there wasnt much refrigerant in there so i just replaced the core, pulled a vacuum and weighed the charge back in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
The valves in the link you provided are wrong.

Oh? Thats what popped up when I entered info at Oreillys.
Not bought them yet.
What are the correct ones?

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I bought That kit at napa that included a bunch of schrader cores and caps ( they would only sell the complete kit ) and a core remover tool with 2 different sizes. Vehicle i chanded it on was a 06 ford explorer and it was the fat schrader core, there wasnt much refrigerant in there so i just replaced the core, pulled a vacuum and weighed the charge back in.

They have it? Thanks, Ill check it out. Nothing like no AC in 100 degree weather.

According to Motorcraft.com the part number is YF2090.
Kind of toasty in the car today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back