2000 Dodge Grand Caravan airbag light on

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.3L, 170K miles. Van has sat for 4 months, Now the airbag warning light is on. We need to get it inspected so I need a solution. My suspicion is the clock spring, but I don't know how to test it.

Suggestions?

TIA

16 year old ride,,,yep, my airbag would be on to,,lol.

look for terminal connections,,corrosion and such, but your ride is older now, my old 2002 dodge one ton van got 2 lights on the dash, air bag and engine lite, all runs well , still 15mpg on the highway,, I just let it go,,,tighten up your seatbelt...imho.
thumbsup2.gif

Do you have a code? I fixed my Integra's airbag light / SRS code by swapping in a junkyard SRS controller / computer for $35.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Do you have a code? I fixed my Integra's airbag light / SRS code by swapping in a junkyard SRS controller / computer for $35.

I have no way to get a code. The van is out of registration so I can't go driving it around. I have to get a state inspection in order to registrar it. I don't want to spend the money to have it towed and then the $$ for a diagnostic test.

I guess I have to get a code reader and see what is what.

Thanks, PB.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: PandaBear

I have no way to get a code. The van is out of registration so I can't go driving it around. I have to get a state inspection in order to registrar it. I don't want to spend the money to have it towed and then the $$ for a diagnostic test.

I guess I have to get a code reader and see what is what.

Thanks, PB.
Here in AZ you can print online temporary registration (3-day) for $1. Or 30 days for about $5-$10.

Do the horn and cruise buttons work?

I had a 1997 voyager that had the airbag come on around 2013, I called the dealer and they said it was covered under a recall. Got a new clock spring and a bunch of greasy fingerprints installed for free.

Google it up, it's not quite a normal recall, where they replace every clock spring, they only replace it if it fails. If the airbag light is on and other buttons on the wheel don't work, it's probably failed.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Do the horn and cruise buttons work?

I had a 1997 voyager that had the airbag come on around 2013, I called the dealer and they said it was covered under a recall. Got a new clock spring and a bunch of greasy fingerprints installed for free.

Google it up, it's not quite a normal recall, where they replace every clock spring, they only replace it if it fails. If the airbag light is on and other buttons on the wheel don't work, it's probably failed.

I talked to the mechanic about the airbag light, he said it doesn't matter for the inspection, so it goes over tomorrow. I've been searching and found several u-tube videos, so will go from there. If I fix it, I'll report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back