Frontier no start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an interesting Sat. morning this weekend. The wife's 2007 Frontier started fine at home, then would not so much as turn over after her first stop. The battery is 5 years old, so I suspected that. Tried to jump it from my car, but no go. Had all the dash lights and headlights. Walked a block to a service station and borrowed their jump pack, which after being connected for a minute started the truck. Told her to take an extended drive before stopping again, and she tried to restart after getting to work - no go. So this has me losing confidence in my 5 year old battery so I got a new Advance Auto Gold and put that in - still not even trying to turn over.

So it's at an indy shop right now being checked out, but I'm still a little mystified. Since the new battery wouldn't budge it, I'm thinking starter, but not sure why the jump pack got it to turn over. Did we just get lucky one time??

It could be a bad starter. Sometimes when they get hot they won't turn over again until they cool down.

As indicated by you saying the first start of the day was fine.

Just putting my .02 out there.

Another thing, make sure all the fuses are good.
Cables and terminals and connectors are good, corrosion free.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Clutch pedal position/starter safety switch?

Correct! The rubber/plastic grommet on the clutch lever had dried up and crumbled apart, so was no longer making contact with the interlock switch.

I'm guessing the last start knocked the last piece of the grommet out of the lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back