Accord door lock issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed an issue with my drivers manual door lock tab today. The doors all lock and unlock fine, but each door has a little manual tab that you can push/pull to manually lock / unlock the doors. They also serve as an indicator of if the doors are locked / unlocked. Well I noticed today that its not attached to the lock because its lose. I can move it around and its no longer connected to the locking mechanism. Have any of you have this happened? Do you know if it just needs to somehow be reattached internally or would I have to replace the whole door handle/lock assembly? Thanks!

Here is an image....its the little tab with the small red mark on it, this is whats lose / not connected. Again the door still locks and unlocks fine electronically, but if I wanted to manually do it using this button it wort work as its not connected or broken.
http://pricepip.com/product/2008-2012-Ho...9-10-11-12.html

I presume this involves removing the door panel off. Go to youtube and find *all* of the videos showing how to remove the door panel from your specific model. Then watch them them all. Then watch them again. Study them so much that you could recite every single step in your sleep. Ge those panel removal tools. Order extra panel clips of the same types.

Taking off your first door on your own car will be extremely gut wrenching but I can assure you that the second one will be piece of cake.

Is that acts only as indicator or it also acts as a mechanical lever to unlock the door? If later, then you should fix it because if something else goes wrong and you need to take the door panel off, you have to first open the door. Removing a door panel while the door closed will be LOT MORE PAIN.

Is that VW Passat offer still open? You have my permission to buy the new car instead of fixing this one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
I presume this involves removing the door panel off. Go to youtube and find *all* of the videos showing how to remove the door panel from your specific model. Then watch them them all. Then watch them again. Study them so much that you could recite every single step in your sleep. Ge those panel removal tools. Order extra panel clips of the same types.

Taking off your first door on your own car will be extremely gut wrenching but I can assure you that the second one will be piece of cake.

Is that acts only as indicator or it also acts as a mechanical lever to unlock the door? If later, then you should fix it because if something else goes wrong and you need to take the door panel off, you have to first open the door. Removing a door panel while the door closed will be LOT MORE PAIN.

Is that VW Passat offer still open? You have my permission to buy the new car instead of fixing this one.

It acts as a indicator AND mechanical lever. I found a great write up on line last night on how to remove the door panel. After lunch today I went out with nothing more than a couple screw drivers and took off the door panel, leaned it back just a bit which exposed the inside of the door latch / lock. The lock indeed was detached from the cable, just had to pop the cable back in and it is back in business! Not bad at all!

And concerning your comment about the Passat, sure it would be nice to have a "new" car...but long term reliability concerns me, and the Honda has it beat by a mile in the ease of maintenance department. So for now anyway, I'll continue to be a happy Honda driver. Plus the Honda is set to be paid off this week!

That comment was made in jest!

Usually, there is a plastic locking mechanism which prevents the cable from coming off.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
That comment was made in jest!

Usually, there is a plastic locking mechanism which prevents the cable from coming off.

Lol, I couldn't tell! Yes, it was the little plastic locking tab that snaps over the cable that came apart (or was not properly locked after some work that was done a couple months back). Just had to pop the cable back in and close the snap and it was good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back