Paint Roller (Roller Cover) Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painting a room and the rollers we have are clearly leaving lint behind. Looking for recommendations on lint free rollers or ones that will leave the lowest level of lint behind. What's everyone else using?

Thanks!

Purdy Colossus. The Purdy Ultra Finish is supposedto be great too. But I've never used one.

Last edited:
Purdy white woven, 1/2" nap. If you can't find those Purdy white doves are pretty good.

A lot of the lint goobers you get on the wall are actually accumulated dust from the wall.

I've had good luck with the Purdy White Dove covers. They last a good long while if properly rinsed and stored.

I purchase them in large packages from the ReStore when I'm in the city. Those, along with brushes I consider disposable. I pay somewhere around 50 cents per roller and 95 cents to $1.50 per brush.

I've never had an issue with the rollers from the ReStore leaving lint behind, nor have I had issues with the brushes leaving bristles behind. I just used both a couple weeks ago to put a coat of paint on the columns in front of the house.

Microfiber rollers are the hands down winner. They don't shed, they release paint well, last a long time, and cleanup in half the time of a traditional paint roller. Another perk is they produce very little roller spray, almost none.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Microfiber rollers are the hands down winner. They don't shed, they release paint well, last a long time, and cleanup in half the time of a traditional paint roller. Another perk is they produce very little roller spray, almost none.

Any particular brand you'd recommend?

Go to your local Sherwin Williams store and buy one of their brand lambswool rollers. They're about $15, but I painted my entire house and then some with it. It wasn't even worn out, I just lost it in my move. Never shed, held paint really well, and cleaned up excellent.

The key to a good paint job is using good supplies. Get Purdy or at least those white wove rollers. Those cheap brands will cause you to end up like you did. Also you're supposed to clean the walls too, use TSP to clean the walls before you paint. Believe it or not, they say prep is half the job of a good paint job. You can't just slap paint on and expect good results.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Any particular brand you'd recommend?

These are good. http://www.buywhizzrollers.com/Category/HD_WhizzXtraSorb

These are what we use the most. http://paintingproductreview.com/arroworthy-916-inch-microfiber-rollers/

I've tried them all, and found MF to be the best. Lambs wool are good, but more expensive and leave a different texture on the surface. They clean up quickly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back