Gas prices do the ol' switcheroo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until recently, prices here in OH generally ran anywhere from 15 to 30 cents a gallon less than prices in IN and IL. Lately I've been seeing prices in IN and IL under $2 a gallon, and in some places as low as $1.86, but here in OH prices are $2.27-$2.29. What happened? Why the switcheroo? I'll take these sub $3 prices for as long as we can get them, but I'm just curious why OH prices are now among the highest in the Midwest...

Last edited:
You boarder Pennsylvania the the N.East.

...and the largest capacity refineries in the area are in and around Illinois. That helps when they are running smoothly. Illinois will always be higher than Missouri and usually Indiana because of our tax.

Last edited:
I just paid $1.79/gal today in NJ. I started my day in VA (not DC area,,so lower prices) and saw the same prices. MD and PA were over $2.

I've noticed that VA and NJ swap places for lower price gas. It's more often NJ but not always.

1.98 here for regular
The bmw gets 93 and its still 2.45 ish
frown.gif

depends where in OH you are.

Here, 30 Mi from the IN line, Where we have a refinery that produces approx 25% of the gas sold in the state, our Gas has normally been more than theirs, for most of my 37 years anyway...

when dad was working out on the road, he always would comment on how it was Cheaper in Ft.Wayne IN, than if he waited until Van Wert OH (about 30 min apart)

Originally Posted By: earlyre
depends where in OH you are.

Here, 30 Mi from the IN line, Where we have a refinery that produces approx 25% of the gas sold in the state, our Gas has normally been more than theirs, for most of my 37 years anyway...

when dad was working out on the road, he always would comment on how it was Cheaper in Ft.Wayne IN, than if he waited until Van Wert OH (about 30 min apart)

I'm in the Dayton area...vary rarely have OH prices been higher than IN or IL or MI for that matter...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
Up until recently, prices here in OH generally ran anywhere from 15 to 30 cents a gallon less than prices in IN and IL. Lately I've been seeing prices in IN and IL under $2 a gallon, and in some places as low as $1.86, but here in OH prices are $2.27-$2.29. What happened? Why the switcheroo? I'll take these sub $3 prices for as long as we can get them, but I'm just curious why OH prices are now among the highest in the Midwest...

Where in Ohio?

Originally Posted By: HotDog15

Where in Ohio?

Dayton

Originally Posted By: HotDog15

Where in Ohio?

Dayton
We're both under the influence of the "Greedway" effect-jacking up the price of their worthless bottom-feeder/tier fuel, everybody else follows.

Yep gas just went 1.93 to 2.19 to 1.97 to 1.93 to 1.87 now today 2.29 again... thats in less than a week.

I'm in the akron area.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Yep gas just went 1.93 to 2.19 to 1.97 to 1.93 to 1.87 now today 2.29 again... thats in less than a week.

I'm in the akron area.

Makes no sense...

Oil prices dropped yesterday and our gas stations all raised prices by a dime or more.. I live in a tourist destination town, so this happens every week with a Holiday on the horizon. Labor Day is the last chance to cash in on Summer visitors.

Currently paying 6.75$ per US Gallon over here in Spain for 98 RON at BP, not too bad considering at times it's been 7,60$, i only use it because it's the only Gas i know has no ethanol in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back