Shopping for brand-new F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking these trucks I'm not gonna tell the salesman that when I get there but anybody have one how do they like it?
The eco-boost engine's are tempting but I'm going with the 5.0

I have a good friend that recently got one with the 4 cyl. eco boast. He really likes itt and is impressed with the power. Says he is surprised that it gets better gas mileage around town than on the highway.

Originally Posted By: old1
I have a good friend that recently got one with the 4 cyl. eco boast. He really likes itt and is impressed with the power. Says he is surprised that it gets better gas mileage around town than on the highway.

No such thing as a 4 cylinder F350 Eco boost.

I was genuinely impressed with the F-150 when I test drove it and looked closely at buying one. They're really great trucks. Be certain to know what a fair price is on the trim level you're considering, the Ford dealers are willing to go several thousand below MSRP. Know your budget, and don't get distracted when in the heady rush of the showroom.

Awesome. Yeah I'm hoping the pay lower 40s out the door with the sport package and a few other options. We'll see Yeah 5.0 I think is the perfect engine only problem is I'll be trading in my 06 Mustang to get it but need more room since I have a little one now

They are nice looking trucks in person. I could go for a Dark Gray XL model, vinyl seats, 2.7 4x4 towing package. Single cab, long bed of course.

Get the 2.7, great power, good fuel economy. We're currently trading a '14 5.0 for a '16 2.7. The 2.7 feels livelier and doesn't need to be strung out like the 5.0.

Doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the 5.0 though.

Why would anyone get the 5.0? It gets worse economy and performs worse than both Ecoboosts according to most accounts I've seen.

Originally Posted By: kam327
Why would anyone get the 5.0? It gets worse economy and performs worse than both Ecoboosts according to most accounts I've seen.

But the noise the 5.0 makes...so nice. Ecoboosts sound like...Tauruses...

Originally Posted By: kam327

turbos fail, and when they fail it tends to be catastrophic to the engine, so good luck with long term ownership. in short, do not buy a turbocharged vehicle second hand and expect it to be easy on the pocketbook.

I only looked quickly so I could be wrong, but I need to tow 6000-7000 pounds and the EB engines can't tow that much... so I would need a 5.0

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jay929
I'm really liking these trucks I'm not gonna tell the salesman that

I'm pretty sure they can tell that you like them when you walk into the showroom, inquire about them, drive them, sign for a credit check, and spend the U.S. average annual income on one
crackmeup2.gif

The gas mileage In the ecoboosts isn't all that. It's not a daily driver and that 5.0 engine is pretty bulletproof I'm sold on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
I'm really liking these trucks I'm not gonna tell the salesman that

I'm pretty sure they can tell that you like them when you walk into the showroom, inquire about them, drive them, sign for a credit check, and spend the U.S. average annual income on one
crackmeup2.gif

Absolutely but bringing up their competitors and walking out on a few dealers is what I've been doing I have a month to make my mind up since the 2016's are being built for another month

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
I only looked quickly so I could be wrong, but I need to tow 6000-7000 pounds and the EB engines can't tow that much... so I would need a 5.0

Actually, not sure about the 2.7, but the 3.5 ecoboost has the highest tow rating for the F150. I would probably prefer the 5.0 myself, but for towing power I think the 3.5 cant be beat. Especially the newer version with some of the updates to the engine.

The gas mileage In the ecoboosts isn't all that. It's not a daily driver and that 5.0 engine is pretty bulletproof I'm sold on it.

Except for that bad batch of cylinder #8 ringlands, and the BBQ tick...

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey

turbos fail, and when they fail it tends to be catastrophic to the engine, so good luck with long term ownership. in short, do not buy a turbocharged vehicle second hand and expect it to be easy on the pocketbook.

Sure they do fail, eventually, but they'll probably last almost as long as the engine, provided a quality air filter is used, and the oil and filter are changed regularly, with a good oil preferably synthetic.

Millions of turbodiesel class 8 trucks are on the road, logging millions of miles with...turbocharged engines.

5.0 for sure.
The [censored] of the Eco boost playing engine noises through the speakers is sad. It's a truck not a caddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back