Grease that's universal on ALL aspects of car care

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wanted to start Another thread in case someone else searches for this. I want to use those small 3oz cartridges as I don't grease frequently. I also don't want three guns neither. I know Synpower is highly regarded as universal for all grease needs on carz and trucks. But it doesn't come in 3oz tubes. I'm getting the pleasure 30-192 gun, can it be packed with bulk? Can I buy empty 3oz tubes?

If so I'll use synpower if not will the green Omni grease work on ALL zerks and grease needs? Is it too thick for wheel bearings? On my f250 they are a sealed unit, but many people grease thru the abs port, so id need something cross compatible as well too...

I go through grease slowly. Current tube is Valvoline black. I use it on all zerks and as I see fit for rust prevention. I keep a small tub of wheel bearing grease as well. I have a few large syringes and tubes of various other greases for special apps. Strictly speaking, No, there is no Universal grease. But a tube of good chassis grease will handle most car needs

PS, 3oz isn't very much.

Last edited:
I mean you could use it on ball joints , u joints, other misc linkages, and last wheel bearings. I don't know what else would be greased... What am I missing. Not everything even has zerks anymore.

I use syl-glide (spelling is off) on brake parts

Last edited:
You think you wont need that much, but you'd be surprised at the random things you can use auto grease for. IMO, don't cheap out like I did and get the tiny gun. A full size gun doesn't cost much more, you get better bulk pricing in grease, and most importantly, a wide selection of grease.

So synpower it is then. Will that work in all application? I don't see how a grease can't work across the board. I think it's the old dogs that don't want to accept that grease can now be universal with technology etc that we have

Originally Posted By: NattyBoh
So synpower it is then. Will that work in all application? I don't see how a grease can't work across the board. I think it's the old dogs that don't want to accept that grease can now be universal with technology etc that we have

For sliding loads you want a high moly grease.
For rotating? loads such as wheel bearings you don't want a high moly grease.
mutually exclusive.. just one way there is no universal grease.

Any lithium based NGLI #2 grease will work on pretty much any application.

You can toss in a little (
And then you can go with a synthetic base grease if you have temp extremes.

The key is to replenish it often. Since most grease assemblies don't have any sort of filter, the only way they stay clean is when you regrease. I've got a tube of Mobil1 red which should last me a lifetime.

For what it's worth, grease that is not black in color is easier to see when it starts oozing out of seals during replenishment.

I still use the small grease gun I bought in 1973. I refill the cartridge with the grease of my choice by hand packing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back