Has BP left the gas retailing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the BP stations in 75 mile radius has all changed brands....

The last one remaining just changed to a Phillips66

BP intrograv is a thing of the past here. No more Invigorate.

I noticed this as well. Every last one of them in this area has changed brands too.

Plenty of them in this market, I generally just go to the Shell station on the corner because they have an amazing craft beer selection.

A local wholesaler, Lykins Oil, has been running billboards advertising the return of Gulf Oil stations, although I haven't seen any yet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
Plenty of them in this market, I generally just go to the Shell station on the corner because they have an amazing craft beer selection.

A local wholesaler, Lykins Oil, has been running billboards advertising the return of Gulf Oil stations, although I haven't seen any yet.
Lykins is one of the leading owners of BP stations here, they generally lease them to others to operate. One thing I haven't seen is any BP company owned/operated stores-they seem to have sold them all. Store quality is declining as well.

Originally Posted By: AIRJAC3
Originally Posted By: Colt
Still in Jersey but not too many around.

+1. Still got 2 in my town. Expensive though.

I do notice most BP premium is lower than other major brands.In some cases .20+.
Top Tier gas too.

On another note...
No Chevron or Texaco in the NY metro area.

I have one small town near me (about 1800 population) that has two BPs. The original one use to be Standard Oil back in the day. But they use Marathon gas. The other one was a Shell until a couple years ago. They use BP gas, both are truck stop types. You can tell the difference by the premium octane. The Marathon is 93 octane, the BP is 92 octane.

And they have two Mobils too, right next to each other.

Not in my area near STL. However, they seem to be the highest priced stations. I presume they attract the desperate, the loyal, or those who don't know better.

There's about 6 of them in Jackson, MI. All are competitively priced too. I take part in their "Driver Rewards" program. Loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back