New gas station and mileage went down

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I accepted a new job and the last two fill ups have been from a new station I've never used they're very busy! My fuel mileage has dropped 3 miles per gallon and I've watched it over a few tanks. Nothing else has changed. Drive time and commute are the same passenger weight is the same the way I drive has been consistent. So what would cause this? Also I'm at almost 20,000 miles should i do a fuel injector cleaner or anything similar? Opinions are appreciated.

I noticed my truck ran rougher the last tank. I've had good luck with this new shell station and actually has good prices. The same as walmart, so it's possible to get a [censored] load of fuel. Although I think it's more common to get a load of low cetane diesel fuel vs low octane gasoline.

If your going by a new station to fill up, you have a new route that you drive, so something has changed. Different traffic, elevation, stop lights, stop signs, idle time, etc. You say last 2 fill ups have been at a new station, yet you have noticed this over a few tanks?
If your sure it is the gas, fill up at a different station and see if it changes.
Are you in an area that optionally uses e-10? Is the new station e-10 and the old one e-0? That could easily account for the fuel mileage drop (I lost about 10% fuel mileage with e-10).

Originally Posted By: ram_man
So I accepted a new job and the last two fill ups have been from a new station I've never used they're very busy! My fuel mileage has dropped 3 miles per gallon and I've watched it over a few tanks. Nothing else has changed. Drive time and commute are the same passenger weight is the same the way I drive has been consistent. So what would cause this? Also I'm at almost 20,000 miles should i do a fuel injector cleaner or anything similar? Opinions are appreciated.

should we trust your math?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back