Valvoline maxlife atf in my Toyota WS spec transmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done Maxlife ATF flushes on my old toyotas and they run well on it for years and years.

Just pulled the drain plug on my 2010 Rav4 Sport yesterday. Second time this service has been performed, first time was last year.

Fluid came out black again, not as bad as the first drain.

I will keep doing it once a year until the fluid color improves.

After draining the pan only using the drain plug, not dropping the pan, I only managed to get out 2.5 quarts of fluid.

At the previous service I dropped the pan to replace the filter, and cleaned the magnets.

Nothing was that bad, but I did get nearly 4 quarts of fluid.

Maxlife ATF went in (2.5 quarts exactly). Vehicle shifts fine. Vehicle now has 93k miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Just pulled the drain plug on my 2010 Rav4 Sport yesterday. Second time this service has been performed, first time was last year.

Fluid came out black again, not as bad as the first drain.

I will keep doing it once a year until the fluid color improves.

After draining the pan only using the drain plug, not dropping the pan, I only managed to get out 2.5 quarts of fluid.

At the previous service I dropped the pan to replace the filter, and cleaned the magnets.

Nothing was that bad, but I did get nearly 4 quarts of fluid.

Maxlife ATF went in (2.5 quarts exactly). Vehicle shifts fine. Vehicle now has 93k miles.

Is it a V6 or a 4? Reason I ask is I got over 4 quarts out via the dipstick with a fluid extractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back