Looking for a good backup Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm in charge of two "mini-buses" at our church. One is a Ford E-450, and the other is a Chevy 3500 series. It's the type of bus where Ford/Chevy provides the drive train and chassis and some RV company puts the bus body on it. So I've been asked to look into some good ideas for back up cameras for these buses. They asked me to consider some sort of wireless backup camera because they want to be able to move the camera from the back of the bus to the back of a trailer when towing a trailer caring luggage. So what I've found so far though is that the wireless backup cameras generally aren't truly "wireless." Many still need to be wired into the backup lights for power and the wireless sender is designed to go inside the trunk/back hatch/or whatever. So really wireless just means you don't have to run a wire from the dash to the camera. You only have to run a wire into the trunk (or whatever). So I'm actually thinking that a hardwired option might be a better plan since it will still have to be wired from the back of the bus to the back of the trailer anyway. And we should probably plan to get one unified system for each bus, plus one extra matching camera to go on the back of the trailer and plan to just switch which one is plugged in when towing the trailer.

A couple camera options I noted as possible candidates include:

• Pyle PLCM7500 - a little less expensive but seems people are generally satified with it.
  • Esky EC170-06 - slighty more that the Pyle maybe a little better quality.
  • Ag Cam - recommended by a local farmer but waaaayyy more expensive than the other options.

So any thoughts on my plan or recommendations for other systems that might be a better choice? I'm open to any suggestions, ideas, or corrections at this point.

Thanks, I'll have to check out the crimestopper brand. I took a quick look at the site today. Looks like they have quite a few options on there.

Any one have any thoughts on the wired vs wireless? I'm still thinking for this application wired makes the most sense. We can just buy the longer wires to make connection from the front to the back of the bus and then from the back of the bus to the back of the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back