Video demonstrates Autopilot limited capability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
There are several car companies with self driving cars on the road, why you only slam Tesla.

I'd slam them all, but Tesla makes themselves a really big target, just by how they do things. A fair bit of really new technology, especially something this involved, gets tested, and fairly extensively, in racing first. I don't doubt that self-driving cars are the future - I'm not sure when, though. When manufacturers (rather than just hobbyists) start testing in racing, we'll know we're getting somewhere. Right now, Tesla is alpha testing with the general public.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
[

Or do you simply like arguing with imaginary concepts that you pretend other people have presented ?

This guy thinks he's going to affect the price of Tesla stock by running his mouth all over the net.

He should be booted off websites as a nonpaying advertiser. A spammer.

It isn't okay for Tesla to have new self driving technology on public road, but it is okay for Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi and others to have similar technology on the road ?

What clear to me is you don't want certain company to have certain new technology, but it is okay for all other companies to have similar technology. Is this the message you are trying to convey ?

Or do you simply like arguing with imaginary concepts that you pretend other people have presented ?

You are clearly slam Tesla for its autopilot, but you didn't say a word about any other manufacture with similar technology.

It is very clear that until now NHTSA has no regulation about self driving technology, anyone can what they want without violating any law or regulation. It is clear that only vehicles that can sell to public in USA is that they passed all safety regulation.

I ask a simple question and you are so dead silence, if Tesla autopilot should be banned then what happened to other manufactures with similar technology ? You want other manufactures self driving technology stay on the road but Tesla autopilot is not allowed ?

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

This guy thinks he's going to affect the price of Tesla stock by running his mouth all over the net.

He should be booted off websites as a nonpaying advertiser. A spammer.

Are you blind ? Didn't you read my negative posts about Tesla autopilot ? Do you want a summary of my criticizes of Tesla autopilot ?

I posted more than a few times that Tesla is at least partially responsible for the death of the former Navy Seal in an accident in Florida.

I also posted more than a few times that Tesla should recall/disable autopilot for now to fix know defects and NHTSA should monitor and only approve the next release after fully test.

What fair is fair, all car manufactures that are selling vehicles in USA must comply with all regulations of the country, Tesla did as well as with all other manufactures.

Until NHTSA has self driving regulation in place all car manufactures, Tesla included, will deploy this new feature on the vehicles they sell.

Last edited:
You are clearly slam Tesla for its autopilot, but you didn't say a word about any other manufacture with similar technology.

I'm responding about tesla, in the tesla threads...you haven't started a half dozen threads about Mercedes and deaths in their self driving cars yet, but when you do, I'll respond there too, rest assured.

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/tesla...708-gq1py5.html

Hmmmm...and they don't play with a straight bat it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back