'07 Civic Si Amsoil AZO 0w30 10 months/15k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest I had higher hopes for this one. First change interval with the single bypass system installed. Still can't get silicon down, lead has doubled(probably related), and iron has almost tripled. I did go almost double the miles, and this is the first long drain I've ever done. I think i'm gonna back off a bit with the change interval.

oilreports_aspx.jpg

Fujita short ram intake filter which came with the intake. To my knowledge it is 60k+ miles old but has been cleaned twice.

Switch back to the stock intake with a paper element and I suspect you'll see an improvement.

Swap to a dry filter like Apexi Power Intake or Injen Nano Filter BB Series and add a prefilter or nylon pantyhose on top. If they dont drop more, go Napa Gold/Wix in factory air box. Do a visual look over to make sure everything is attached and secured. Good luck.

The oil is not your problem, you have either a bad dirty air Intake or a mechanical defect.
The TBH of all your runs are fine.
Switch back to OEM air piping.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
I am not sure race and extended OCI go together.

This^

Maybe "race" isn't the right word. The car was dragged a handful of times, not tracked as in circuit racing or autox. Some back to back runs, but nothing I thought was too abusive. The previous run had dragstrip time as well.

I did four separate valve adjustments until I obtained the specs I wanted. Thinking this could have skewed the results somewhat. That means the valve cover was opened four different times. And some of the feeler gauges were difficult to engage. Maybe that elevated some of the metals (yeah, it's a stretch). The ambient temp has been around 90-95 degrees+ here in Tampa, maybe that plays a role. This is also the first oil run that the bypass unit was installed for. Way too many variables to isolate something as a source of excess wear. If I had to pick one thing i'm unhappy about, it's lead trending up. Went from 0 ppm, to 4 ppm, to 8ppm. First thing I'm going to do is change that air filter.

That's now a lot of variables to consider. Try a few more oci on this oil and see if it continues to trend towards increased wear or reverses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back