Bell+Howell Tac Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell & Howell is a U.S.-based former manufacturer of motion picture machinery, founded in 1907 by two projectionists, and headquartered in Wheeling, Illinois. The company now provides inserting and finishing solutions for letters and parcels, document processing, microfilmers, scanners, and financial services. The "Bell & Howell" trademark is also licensed to makers of various electronic consumer products.

But wait, there's more! Order in the next 10 minutes and we'll double your order, all you have to do is pay a separate handling charge...

If you buy "AS SEEN ON TV" stuff and like it you'll probably like this too.

Look at it for what it is ... a device made in the People's Republic of China (PRC) being sold to generate a multi-times-cost profit.

Bell & Howell (the brand) was bought by some company that is in the business of milking established brand goodwill while selling as cheap as possible products. Similar to Polaroid, etc. These brands do not mean what they once did.

Plus, every single TV deal is A Bad Deal.

Read that sentence again if you don't live by it.

There will be excessive Shipping and Handling fees, which they never disclose on the ad. Basically they want you to call, that lets them know you are a mark and there is a low percentage that you will walk because you have already talked yourself into buying before you dial, which takes some effort to do mentally. This is basic consumer psychology they are well aware of ... they build their business models on it, to be precise.

Buy your LED flashlights somewhere else. Even eBay will probably offer a better deal for equivalent product.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I bought the same basic light off EBay for $8.00 from Hong Kong.

This, Get on AliExpress You can buy them in bulk for $3-$5 under the UltraFire brand. Same thing on those "Free" credit card knives for $4 shipping.They can be had for 70 cents apiece if you but 10 or more.

"They" advertise when you're in front of the tube when your brain is at its softest.

....and if it's soft to begin with.....(like mine) ....well, not good.

When the man says, "but wait, there's more!", do you watch to see what it is?

Dumbest commercial ever. Idiot goes downstairs to investigate a home invasion and shines the light in the intruders eyes. Care to guess what would happen next? Even if one is armed, one should lock one's self in a room and call the cops. Shoot if they force their way in.

Confronting a criminal with a flashlight is beyond stupid.

Update on my post.

Just received my Bell+Howell Tac Light, 2 plus months after ordering it.

It is so bright its amazing, the brightest light by far for the size and price.

So far I am happy.
So there ya go.
Cheers.

I have bought a few good quality flashlight before, I tend to buy Olight as they are quality but not overpriced

For those who like good budget lights you can get Convoy stuff off bang good, just make sure you get quality batteries elsewhere. All my lights are 18650, I have a 500 ish lumen Olight baton edc and a 950 Olight M22 Warrior on the nightstand.

I've had okay luck with nitecore as well as itp. With flashlights you usually get what you pay for.

you obviously haven't seen many modern flashlights.
blf
its a $5 cheapie sold with a ton of hype.
doesnt take much to impress the users of the common 2 d maglight or $0.99 plastic 2 d lights.
Originally Posted By: Koz1
Update on my post.

Just received my Bell+Howell Tac Light, 2 plus months after ordering it.

It is so bright its amazing, the brightest light by far for the size and price.

So far I am happy.
So there ya go.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back