ILSAC GF5

Status
Not open for further replies.

4WD

$50 site donor 2024
Bought several Mobil 1 six packs at Costco - helps me top off behind the Walmart jugs.
Changed Cruze just now with 2 x 5w-30+ 1 x 10w-30 and 1 x 5w-30 HM ... (Leak started at 67k)
Only the HM was not ILSAC GF5 ... Is that typical or could it be an older six pack ?

That M1 HM is good stuff.
At the thick end of the grade, with higher HTHS and higher zinc. A good performance oil.

Regular M1 5W-30 has a HTHS of 3.1 and 900 ppm zinc, while M1 5W-30 HM has a HTHS of 3.3 and 1100 ppm zinc.

Not ILSAC, but a very good oil, to my mind the M1 HM oils are the pick of the bunch.

Good info - the PP looks to be leaking faster from my 5.3L GM at rear seal - so I could start rolling in the M-1 HM next change @ 62k - bit early in theory - but a 2010 that see's on/off work ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Good info - the PP looks to be leaking faster from my 5.3L GM at rear seal - so I could start rolling in the M-1 HM next change @ 62k - bit early in theory - but a 2010 that see's on/off work ...

Basically it has to much of the good stuff ZDDP to be GF5. Think of it as Poor Man's Redline.

And Maxlife HM (red bottle) is the poor mans VR-1
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back