'13 KTM Duke 690 Valvoline 20W/50 926 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
pmSKKRE.png

Looks like that $3.99 20/50 Valvoline Dino oil, did pretty good against the $15 high end synthetics.

Still not thrilled by the amount of aluminum that you are shedding.

Might try a cup or two per tank of Leaded race fuel.

Last edited:
a flash of 390 means fuel and that susvis is NOT a 50wt but that would be because of the fuel

the stoners dont even know how to read interpret their own results

Originally Posted By: Mackelroy

any sense of where I might get such sweet ambrosia near 90020? I'm moving to 99362 in September... maybe it'll be easier to get such things outside of CA...

Originally Posted By: sunruh
mac is talking about something like VP C12 fuel

what's my regimen if I go this route?

Any offroad oriented motorcycling racing shop should either have it or know where to get it.

My local carries 5 gallon drums of vp c12, which is my preferred, used it for years, but what ever can be had if you have to sacrifice.

some auto oriented racing shops might have too.

I actually like the 5 gal drums, its sealed and for sure , you know what you are getting.

CALIFORNIA

Northern California
Fresno - Red Triangle Oil Company
Address: 2809 S. Chestnut Ave. 93725
Phone: 559-485-4320
E-Mail: [email protected]

Pleasant Hill - Pacific States Petroleum
Phone: 800-679-1700
E-Mail: [email protected]
visit: pacstatespetro.com

Southern California
Corona - Downs Energy
888-810-3835
www.downsenergy.com

El Cajon - - The SoCo Group Inc.
(619) 440-8811
[email protected]
For additional SoCo Group locations,
visit socogroup.com

Long Beach - Amber Racing Services/Dion and Sons
562-432-3946
[email protected]
www.racefuel.com
Additional Locations

Palmdale - Whytal Pacific
661-917-0519
[email protected]

Maybe one of those know where locally can be found, you in La, somebody has is.

Last edited:
Looks like that $3.99 20/50 Valvoline Dino oil, did pretty good against the $15 high end synthetics.

Still not thrilled by the amount of aluminum that you are shedding.

under 1000 miles.

my gas tank is 3.6 gallons. so, should I add 8oz per tank? and with what frequency?

I am moving soon and will actually have a garage where I can store the leaded fuel.

Id just go with 2 cups, 16 oz per tank fill or every other if going through multiple tanks per ride , you can step down ,to one later on, 2 cups will accelerate the decarboning process also.

If you have a cat and or 02 sensor, then stick to one cup.

Last edited:
Id just go with 2 cups, 16 oz per tank fill or every other if going through multiple tanks per ride , you can step down ,to one later on, 2 cups will accelerate the decarboning process also.

If you have a cat and or 02 sensor, then stick to one cup.

Any sense of what the service life of my O2 sensor will be with the leaded route?

I find that it has a positive effective in keeping it clean, which means will not fail due to carbon build up. which is a potential failure with cats and o2's.

But I have a catted sport bike well over 110,000 miles, on the diet its whole life. 02 Life? I don't even consider it an issue.

Can you help me out here? :eek:)
There are something like 6 different types and grades of Valvoline 20w50 oil out there.

Automotive - Conv and Syn
Motorcycle - conv and Syn
VR1 = Conv and Syn

I REALLY liked the Valvoline MC oil when I had my vstar 1300 but dont remember that much boron. Guess I could go look ... *L*

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Can you help me out here? :eek:)
There are something like 6 different types and grades of Valvoline 20w50 oil out there.

Automotive - Conv and Syn
Motorcycle - conv and Syn
VR1 = Conv and Syn

I REALLY liked the Valvoline MC oil when I had my vstar 1300 but dont remember that much boron. Guess I could go look ... *L*

this guy
2hmT2ZX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back