Hands free Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a good, reasonably priced aftermarket hands free Bluetooth unit that does not require me putting the unit or mic on the car visor.

I have seen solar charged ones that suction cup to the windshield. They work just as well as any chevy I have driven with on star.

Have a few easy to access buttons on them for answer and hangup, and you can communicate to siri through them.

the bluetooth kit for my kenwood stereo had a mic with plenty of cord, double sided tape, and no instructions where to mount it(the Microphone), so I put it on top of the steering column...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
the bluetooth kit for my kenwood stereo had a mic with plenty of cord, double sided tape, and no instructions where to mount it(the Microphone), so I put it on top of the steering column...

Same with my JVC.

To clarify, the system needs to be stand alone. My current radio has no Bluetooth capabilities.

there's a bunch of $25-40 rechargeable speakers that claim to have hands-free bluetooth capability. I can't imagine the mic having any well-tuned noise reduction (electronic or mechanical) engineered in, so I'm not sure the other end would have an easy time understanding, but they are out there. Marshalls had a bunch a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I thought you just purchased a new head unit.

Found a fellow cruiser who put the system I want in his car and he had to alter some wires which is exactly what I do not want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back