Lubegard Biotech,my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I change oil filters half way in my 2015 Civic SE 1.8. I use castrol 0w20 and refill with lubegard biotech into filter. I was a liquimoly guy but LG runs really well and with the filter change I get almost 12k on the Honda oil life monitor. I'm sold on lubegard biotech additive.

Your oil life monitor doesn't analyze the oil flowing through the engine. You could fill it with that Dollar Tree oil posted here a few days ago and your oil monitor is going to react the same. It analyzes temp, rpm, and time. Not the additives.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Your oil life monitor doesn't analyze the oil flowing through the engine. You could fill it with that Dollar Tree oil posted here a few days ago and your oil monitor is going to react the same. It analyzes temp, rpm, and time. Not the additives.

Yup. Im afraid that while I like Biotech, making your OLM last longer isn't something its capable of doing.

I am still sold on Lubegard biotech but after looking at a voa of it and TBN being around 3.7, this would lower most TBN's of fresh oil fills possibly.This is a thought or maybe I am reaching but this might be better used half way through a 8k-15k oci to maintain. I know,this is thin as far as speculation but its how I perceived it. Maybe my method of draining/swapping filter only and adding Lubegard biotech might be its best applicable method. My only other position of possibility was to use Redline Oil 0w20 as an additive to level up moly,boron,and any other ingredients. I will say I have been happy using the magnatec/edge combo. My only gripe with BP Castrol is moly ppm is low compared to my PUP/QSUD 5w30 days. Olm kicks on to 15 percent every 10k or so.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I am still sold on Lubegard biotech but after looking at a voa of it and TBN being around 3.7, this would lower most TBN's of fresh oil fills possibly.This is a thought or maybe I am reaching but this might be better used half way through a 8k-15k oci to maintain. I know,this is thin as far as speculation but its how I perceived it. Maybe my method of draining/swapping filter only and adding Lubegard biotech might be its best applicable method. My only other position of possibility was to use Redline Oil 0w20 as an additive to level up moly,boron,and any other ingredients. I will say I have been happy using the magnatec/edge combo. My only gripe with BP Castrol is moly ppm is low compared to my PUP/QSUD 5w30 days. Olm kicks on to 15 percent every 10k or so.

Interesting thoughts. Maybe shoot them an email and ask, they are very good with replying quickly to questions. That might help clear up any doubts you have about the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back