Tips for cooling down a hot car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Nick1994, try opening/cracking a window on EACH side of your car (RR and LR) as this could result in airflow or a breeze and may help you.

Usually I open the RF and LR in the fond belief I'm getting a cross-breeze. And I have to leave the recirc on most of the time I'm driving in this climate. I do turn it off for the last few minutes of my drive, however.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
Originally Posted By: badtlc
High quality window tint makes all the difference.

True. Unfortunately NY thinks otherwise as it is illegal.

I start the car and roll both windows down. Turn AC and Recirc on with fan on max. Roll up windows once AC starts to blow cold. Turn off recirculate once cabin starts to feel cool.

This is the best method, and also what's listed in the owners manual. Engineers know what they're doing.
I have found the opposite to be the best as far as recirculate. I keep a rear window cracked 2 inches so it acts like an evaporative cooler, outside air in and then back out, it pushes the hot air out. Then once cool recirculate on and windows closed, like the A/C in your house.

But this is in 115 degree heat daily, the inside of the car is literally over 180-190+ degrees.

Using recirc as regular a/c is a good way to get mold in the system. I'd avoid it unless absolutely necessary for cooling.
My car is in 110-115 degree heat daily, and we don't have humidity here. Mold isn't gonna happen.

I also always turn off recirculate before I turn off the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back