Vibration cause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
Dag on man... how many miles on the car?? I feel bad for you. I hope it's not a CVT transmission issue.

sorry, that includes a winter set.

OEM (junk at 45k)
Winter
New CS5 Ultra
57k currently.

The Hunter.com site wasn't very helpful figuring out who has the latest machine. So I emailed my local sales rep listed on their site and he pointed me to the only location with the Road Force Elite....making an appointment soon.

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
Originally Posted By: mehullica
If you have a bent wheel, the different sets of tires would still have a vibration. The machine can compensate the high spot of the tire to the low spot of the wheel to minimize vibrations, if that's your problem.

Thx will check with th mechanic again.
Looks like he (Rickys tires in Rome 13440) has the straight trak.
Is that ok?
http://www.hunter.com/gsp9700

That one works great. It's the same one I use

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
They should be able to see a bent wheel on the balancer. Shouldn't they?

That's if they look when it's spinning. If it's bent 1/8" you'll hardly tell

Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
If you have a bent wheel, the different sets of tires would still have a vibration. The machine can compensate the high spot of the tire to the low spot of the wheel to minimize vibrations, if that's your problem.

Thx will check with th mechanic again.
Looks like he (Rickys tires in Rome 13440) has the straight trak.
Is that ok?
http://www.hunter.com/gsp9700

That one works great. It's the same one I use

Thanks. The Hunter site is poorly set up or just not for me.
No idea what that system compared to the RF Elite is like.

I wish I didn't have two threads going on this.
My apologies.

I drove the car today on thruway, states highways and back roads.
Still no clunks. No pulling. No braking issues.

I feel it gets slightly better when turning the steering wheel (at all speeds) approximately 1/4-1/2" either way. I feel it is the same improvement going in either direction.

So does that mean more towards a tie rod issue?
Again, has been going for about 10-12k miles and hasn't appeared to get worse. But in all reality I don't drive her car that much.

They can't find anything.
At least I have t documented as a concern prior to warranty expiration.
Probably doesn't mean much.

I'm going to get crazy and try premium fuel (yes I know I know) as one person online found that to help.
The other thing and they swear they put the required amount is the oil. ALWAYS over on the dipstick. Always. Every lil change at his dealer. Might dump half a quart.

It's possible. However, I think for tie rods to cause vibration they would need to be really bad. I've replaced tie rods before on two different cars to try to solve vibration issues and it did nothing.

Did the dealer and independent shops inspect your suspension? What was their assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back