Quotes and Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're ordering something from me it is out the door in minutes.
I even package orders at 2AM- weekends and holidays. Yes not the norm.

What I see is just about everywhere is poor service.
I fill out online forms for Quotes and it sometimes takes weeks or months.
I filled out a detailed quote form yesterday. I followed the desired protocol.
So far 6 emails on who am I? And more clarification on my business and address.
That was all filled out of their form.

Last week I sent two requests just the same- nothing!
No wonder the economy is bad. Plus when I reach out for a quote I'm not a fantasy shopper.
I'm ready to purchase but usually have to shop around to get someone to take my $$$$.

I prefer the phone but when I call they demand I use the online system.
I don't expect the level of service I give but come on...
Is it only me?

No my friend you are not alone. I currently have three requests out for info on products I'm thinking of buying...no answers. I know it is a holiday weekend, but all these were sent on tues of last week.

I feel your pain and wonder why businesses have email if they aren't going to answer them.

Smoky

I'm not sure what you are quoting but I wonder if the economy isn't better than you think. Are you a small or large customer to these places you want quotes from? If you are a small fish in a big pond, asking for a quote, they might be deferring to paying customers who ultimately buy more than you might (or might not).

My orders are usually on the large side and I pay upfront and I have been at it nearly 40 years.
In the day when I used to order from the UK they used to ask me why I needed so much product.
I suspect I'm dealing with those that simply do not care if the business succeeds or not.

Actually I find my small orders are rapidly filled. I think companies have issues with estimators as well.
I can quote you on anything I make or sell on the spot. Why? I do it everyday. I suspect the less work you have
the lazier you get.

Originally Posted By: supton
I'm not sure what you are quoting but I wonder if the economy isn't better than you think. Are you a small or large customer to these places you want quotes from? If you are a small fish in a big pond, asking for a quote, they might be deferring to paying customers who ultimately buy more than you might (or might not).

Agreed Sir!
In 4 months you will get a quote over email and you will be confused on what it is and why?
That's happened here many times- lol...

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
No my friend you are not alone. I currently have three requests out for info on products I'm thinking of buying...no answers. I know it is a holiday weekend, but all these were sent on tues of last week.

I feel your pain and wonder why businesses have email if they aren't going to answer them.

Smoky

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I suspect the less work you have
the lazier you get.

I think you are on to something there.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If they want me to fill out a quote form to get the price, I find some place else.

Actually that has been the case- they run you through the hoops and then nothing.
I guess its a way of sifting through the work and cherry picking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back