Techron or Shell Gasoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can now buy shell gas near...15 to 19 cents more...I have been adding Techron every tank Keep using Sams club and the additive or just switch to shell....Opinions Please Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy the Techron. additive at Walmart and add it to Sams club gas...No Chevrons near here.....

I wouldn't use Techron with every fill up...it's really meant to be used 2-3 a year. When you buy Chevron gasoline, it has a lower treat rate so it can be used all the time.

Originally Posted By: wemay
15 - 20 cents per tank, stick with Chevron w/Techron.

Got it. In that case, go with Shell.

There are 2 Techron's now...One for every tank and one for every oil change...I am using the low price one...$4.35 per fill up.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ceast
There are 2 Techron's now...One for every tank and one for every oil change...
Well...I learn sumpin new every day...
33.gif

Lol using shell @.20 cents more is still cheaper than techRon each fill. Also you don't need detergents that often. Anyway berrymans injector cleaner with pea is like 3 bucks at oreilly's and only needs done every other oil change.

I use Chevron but Shell is also "Top-Tier" and should have the additives to keep your injectors clean.

At that price I'd just use whatever gas is cheaper and call it a day. Around here, I mostly use Sunoco and BP because they are close to my place and the same price as just about everywhere else nearby.

I don't trust the Shell stations in my area. Two are independent, and they have choice locations by being located right off the interstate exit ramps. The other Shell is not an independent, and I use to get just the regular gas there at a premium price. Sheetz just moved in town, and opened two locations, and my Oldsmobile idles smoother on the Sheetz gas for what ever reason, and it's cheapest gas in town. There is one Mobil station in town, and I do like their gas, but they charge a .20 cent premium at least over other stations, and I have to go out of my way to get it.

Enough of my rambling. I would buy the Techron additive because at least you know you are getting what you paid for.

Originally Posted By: Superflop
Lol using shell @.20 cents more is still cheaper than techRon each fill. Also you don't need detergents that often. Anyway berrymans injector cleaner with pea is like 3 bucks at oreilly's and only needs done every other oil change.

In theory, you don't need any extra. The EPA mandates a minimum amount in all gasoline. I never worried about it and never used Techron. Ran close to 200k on a car with just regular cheap gas at whatever station was cheapest. Never had a problem, still on original injectors.

Nobody would be talking here if it was 20-40 cents per tankful difference. I have a feeling we are talking about 20-40 cents per gallon even though OP was not clear on that one.

Well put it this way I only use premium and I typically use shell a couple of bucks difference per tank doesn't matter to me. Shell and chevron are the closest stations to me

In the summer I use Shell V-power, for increased fuel economy and keeping my injectors clean.

During winter it is "whatever" since fuel is wasted in the warm up period.

+ for Shell. And just 87octane since not high performance engine and one that doesn't ping.

They make other additives for those people that think they need the higher grades. The name brand top tier fuel stations have the right additives mixed with their fuels. If the no name fuel stations are just better for you because it is Cheaper. Then you might have some issues like bad fuel mileage.

Just my 2cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back