Pleasant dealer experience....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the girlfriends 2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI has been having two intermittent issues lately. First off the key will sometimes get stuck upon removal from the ignition switch, this is resolved by turning the key back to "run", then turn all the way back and remove. Second, the drivers door lock will squeak/squeal on occasion, I am assuming its the lock actuator. It was at the dealer today for the annual service which included an oil / filter change with Castrol OEM 5w40, a tire rotation and the replacement of the pollen / cabin air filter. She simply mentioned these two issues to them and they actually replaced the ignition tumbler and it was completely covered under warranty. They couldn't duplicate the squeaky door lock but Im not surprised as it normally happens in cold weather. Just wanted to share as these days it is getting harder and harder to get dealers to step up and cover these things under warranty. So thank you VW! Bravo!

Sometimes you get lucky with a dealer.

My mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot has been in the dealer from Wednesday until today. A/C not cold enough, they couldn't find the problem.

And squeaking over bumps, was only happening in the winter usually, so I figured I'd mention it to them.

They replaced both front struts, strut mounts, and they noticed the lower control arm bushings were tearing so they did those too. All under the extended warranty, I'm definitely not gonna complain lol.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
My mom's 2012 Jeep Patriot has been in the dealer from Wednesday until today. A/C not cold enough, they couldn't find the problem.

Maybe because its 120 degrees outside in Phoenix?

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Should have mentioned they replaced the compressor a few weeks ago because it completely quit. It was ICE cold before. Now, eh, not so much.

My 16 year old Camry has MUCH better A/C.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Should have mentioned they replaced the compressor a few weeks ago because it completely quit. It was ICE cold before. Now, eh, not so much.

My 16 year old Camry has MUCH better A/C.

Maybe they have too much oil in the system. I've seen some people add the full amount of oil after a compressor replacement, but they forgot that there was still oil left in the system - so now they have too much.

I actually had a very good dealer experience with my VW right after I bought it.

I installed a trailer hitch and a trailer wire harness. I grounded the wiring harness in the spare tire well.
I unknowingly accidentally put the sheet metal screw into the EVAP canister.
The check engine light came on shortly after. I took it to a dealer, not the one I bought the car new from. They found
the problem, moved the ground screw to a safe location and fixed the leak by using an epoxy.
Surprisingly, I wasn't charged anything. That was in 2013, well before dieselgate.

Good to know
Sometimes adversity brings on a different attitude.
I also wanted to buy a VW for years but get scared off. The closest dealer here is
30 miles away and very small.

I also had a good experience at the local VW dealer this spring. this wasn't the dealer that I purchased the car from, it's about 100 miles away. The LP fuel pump on my 2013 GTI was malfunctioning causing long cranks to start the car at 20K miles on it. They originally thought it was a clogged fuel filter based on some pressure measurements, and after replacing it, and repeating the measurements, determined it was the fuel pump. Received the car back cleaned inside and out. Prior to this my only experience was buying oil filters from them. I think I'll take it there for my DSG service at 40K.

I've dealt with about five different VW dealers in the midwest and east coast and I have to say that I've always been pleasantly surprised. Not all experiences were great because some dealers just aren't competent for more complicated issues, but they all try hard to please you. No upselling either.

My Toyota dealer experiences are hit and miss. One dealer was great but my current dealer upsells hard. I was amused one day when I took the Sienna in for a recall and got a list of to-do's that add up to $1000 on a car that has been impeccably maintained (my regular mechanic recommended none of the services). And I also watch the service advisors try to gouge other customers with fuel injector cleanings, coolant flushes, wheel alignments etc. These services seem to be recommended for every single customer - part of the playbook.

My BMW dealer is excellent- no upsells or other games. Great service and fair pricing to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back