brakes don't want to work on wet roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Pedal pushing back is normal ABS action. The jumping...I have no idea what hes trying to describe with that. One of those things where I'd have to ride/drive the car to see exactly what he means by that.

The abs didn't kick in last night while I tried on dry roads. I just ended up skidding.

Originally Posted By: Darris
No Goodyear tire I've ever been stuck with could stop in the wet. I wouldn't blame the Brakes until you try them with a different Tire. Goodyear + Rain = Surf Board

My 1999 Goodyear Eagle F1's had very good wet traction. The follow on to those for the past decade, the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, are even better.

My Focus was hard to stop when it was wet or after it had been sitting for a few days. I think it was the cheap brake pads and rotors I put on. New Wagner Thermo Quiet pads and new rotors cured the problem. It stops much better now.

If the brakes will lock up, the ABS system is not working correctly. That along with damaged or cheap brake pads can cause problems.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
You can't compare the GS-D3's or F1's to the OP's tires.

Someone above "suggested" that no Goodyear tire they've ever owned could stop in the rain. They either owned the wrong tires, the wrong car, lacked driving skills, or some combination of the three. Just pointing out that there are capable GY tires out there.

Those newer Goodyear SRA's are so bad my Wife quickly condemned them on our new RAM. They were mfgr spec tires and they stunk.

New LTX MS2's made the truck ride better, quieter, and smoother. Stick like glue in the wet or dry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back