What if Walmart discontinued all 10W-30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
What if there were another place to buy motor oil just as cheap as WM?

There isn't. Never has been.

Easy: buy 15W-40, 15W-50, or 20W-50
grin.gif

I frequently beat Wally's jug prices at Dollar General buying quarts when they have them on sale coupled with their 5 buck off Saturday coupon.

However you have to plan, catch the sale/coupon and they have nowhere near the selection of Wally's of course.

Good 'ol 10w30 is still a very strong seller and I expect it to be easily obtainable for several decades yet. Sheesh you can still buy a couple of 20w50's at Wally's.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I saw the title of the post and I already know who started the thread without looking

LOL!!
lol.gif

I buy all my oil on clearance when O'Reillys or AutoZone has sales. Like 31 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra for $1 per quart (5w30 & 10w30), 80-90 quarts of Valvoline MaxLife 10w40 for $0.33 per quart, Valvoline NextGen 5w30 & 10w30 5 quart jugs for $5 (I bought 60 quarts), 30 quarts of Castrol SynBlend 5w30 for $1 per quart, 5 quarts of Mag1 5w30 for $1 per quart, and various oils such as Valvoline SynPower, Motorcraft Synthetic Blend, Valvoline Durablend, Mobil 1 0w30, and Mobil 1 EP 10w30 for $3 per quart, I bought a total of around 40 quarts of those various oils.

Just gotta watch the sales and stock up. I hardly ever buy oil at Walmart, much cheaper on clearance at the other stores.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

There is if you catch it on sale.

Last month I bought synthetic 10w-40 oil from AAP for about $5/qt, so that's about the same as what Walmart charges for it.

I remember WM spontaneously stopping all VHS tape sales on a certain date. If the title wasn't available on DVD, tough noogies.

But a quart of 10w30 takes the same shelf space as one of 5w30, so it would continue to exist as a "flanker", like Honey Nut Cheerios defends the original against invaders.

I would get another Warren product at my local farm store cheaper than at Walmart.$1.79 for quarts everyday and 4 quart jugs this week for $6.79.

Last edited:
We could make an "oil still" and brew our own 10W30 back in the mountains somewhere and sell it on the black market,cha ching!! $$$$$$

Would you switch to 5W-30 or would buy 10W-30 at the auto parts store for double the price ?

I would continue to get my oil from where I get it.

Which isn't Wallyworld.

Last edited:
I would mix 0W20(1/3) with 0W40(2/3) to get thick xW30.

Most 10W30 has HTHS around 3.1, mixing xW20 with xW40 with the right ratio can get you 3.3-3.4 HTHS.

Odd. I just canceled an Amazon order of PPPPP 10w-30 for less than $20/jug. Cheaper than WM. Figured no need to buy now since I don't need oil for a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back