2001 Chrysler Concorde selling for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is this concorde selling for only a little over 1000 in my area. it has over 200k miles but it's all highway and I test drove it and it drives well. The steering felt stiff and the owner said that's "chrysler steering" is this right or no and is it worth buying this vehicle, or will lots of things go wrong and I'll spend lots in repairs? The car was well taken care of and hardly any rust. What oil does this Chrysler take, it's a 3.2 and are a lot of the reapris very labor intensive, or is the car relatively easy to repair? What about gas mileage? Hes' beggn avgering 28mpg but the owner does all highway miles.

I am not engineer20 and don't know who that is. I just found this forum and am curious about this Chrysler Concorde.

If the steering gets better after the vehicle warms up, it's got a problem with the power assist in the steering rack.

Originally Posted By: chryslerconcorde
I am not engineer20 and don't know who that is. I just found this forum and am curious about this Chrysler Concorde.
LOL k

I would buy it for 500 and drive it until the wheels fall off. While keeping up only the most basic maintenance.

Run. If he paid you $1,000 to take it you'd have a down payment on the transmission. If it does not now have a transmission problem, it's coming. The Concorde transmission is a gift the keeps coming back, again and again.

A co-worker had one, purchased brand new. It was an exercise in frustration with the car, the dealer, the factory and his wife and an attorney. The car became a successful lemon-law vehicle.

He then purchase a Japanese Buick called a Toyota Avalon and his problems went away and he drove off into the sunset never to be seen at a Chrysler dealer again.

My Joe-dar is active but this guy isn't making it ping.
wink.gif

It's certainly his target price range. Another M.O. for him. I had his last name on my Ignore List so may have to add this one as well.

Originally Posted By: chryslerconcorde
There is this concorde selling for only a little over 1000 in my area. it has over 200k miles but it's all highway and I test drove it and it drives well. The steering felt stiff and the owner said that's "chrysler steering" is this right or no and is it worth buying this vehicle, or will lots of things go wrong and I'll spend lots in repairs? The car was well taken care of and hardly any rust. What oil does this Chrysler take, it's a 3.2 and are a lot of the reapris very labor intensive, or is the car relatively easy to repair? What about gas mileage? Hes' beggn avgering 28mpg but the owner does all highway miles.

The 3.2 engine is ok, The transmission is probably near it's end of life. There are good ones and bad ones, with 200k it's must be one of the good ones. It could go out next week, or it could last another 40-50k. I'd pay $400-$500 for it, no more. Run good oil and change it every 4-5000 miles. Make sure the PVC is serviced regularly. It's 15 years old, Drive it till something breaks and junk it.

Originally Posted By: AntsinmyEyes
Is this joeseph again? Haven't you been banned enough?
Originally Posted By: eljefino
wink.gif

It's clearly engineer20.

He even was asking about Chrysler Concordes before he got banned.

the guy said he did all highway miles and is confident it can go to 300k, you think that's possible? it's in really good condition with no rust. you thinnk i can drive it to 300k, or is that highly unlikely? i like the luxurious features of the car like leather seats and dual zone climate control, etc, a very nice, spacious car, which is important as I need lots of cargo space and i'm a big guy.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: AntsinmyEyes
Is this joeseph again? Haven't you been banned enough?
Originally Posted By: eljefino
wink.gif

It's clearly engineer20.

He even was asking about Chrysler Concordes before he got banned.

grin2.gif

I don't know who joseph or engineer20 are, but there are thousands of concordes on the road. Just because a banned user mentioned a concorde, and I am mentioning one, doesn't mean we share anything in common or are the same user. I'm new to this site, a friend suggested it to me, and I began changing my own oil a little while ago, which is why I was interested in this site, given how detailed this site is on oil and also general automotive maintenance and repair.

I'm a new user, and I just wanted to know about this car. I know the popular consensus seems to be to avoid it, but if you read edmunds, all of the reviews for this car are great, even if chrysler doesn't have a good reputation.

Even if some domestics as a whole have a bad reputation, certain domestics have been known to be well built and last a while. It just seems from what I read, the concorde is a nice, sturdy car that seems to last. I read a review on how someone was nearing 400k in his concorde, and the mechanic I go to drives a concorde with 280k (also all highway miles) and that car is still in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back