Suprotec Active Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
After not so lasting effect of lubegard Biotech and my oil just been used for 1.5k, I dumped the Suprotec Active Plus without draining.
The reason being is the website mentioned the suprotec supposed not to change oil property. First 150km, the effect like dumping LM MOS, seems the engine has a bit oil starvation, but after that suprotec cause louder noise when engine is cold. So now i need to be more patient on cold idling the engine before start moving off. However once it reach temperature, engine is very peppy and silent again. Let see how long the effect will last but i have no long distance high speed trip coming, so hopefully it can last the whole 10k oci like the combo zddp+mos2

The proper way to do it and to get any positive effect is this. Dump a bottle (make sure to shake it first to get all the particles mixed in with the oily carrier) into your oil, drive no more than 600-700 miles, or 1000 kilometres. Then change your oil and dump another bottle of suprotec and then you can go for normal OCI, I guess 10k in your case. At next oil change add one last bottle of suprotec for the OCI again and then, if you follow this procedure - you will have a long lasting effect of smooth, more fuel efficient, and less oil burning engine (for about 50-70 thousand kilometres, but suprotec recommends do repeat the process every 30 thousand kilometres). These steps are per Suprotec, I'd follow them if I was you.

And don't forget - one bottle of Suprotec is only enough for up to 5 littres. If your oil capacity is more - second bottle of Suprotec is required. AND DON'T FORGET TO MIX THE HECK OUT OF THAT SUBSTANCE IN THE BOTTLE! There has to be nothing left at the bottom of the bottle.

I read that instruction but i have question on the validity of it,
1. If first application need to be run at least 500 km but less than 1000 km, i think the intention is to clean the carbon. However why it also recommend flush?
2. If the engine is clean to start with, and second application to be run full oci, why the first one can not be run full oci as well?

3. The third application is prescribed for full oci back to back with the second one, so does that mean the application will not that lasting provided the reapplication for turbo car is every 50k?

Well in that case if engine is clean, first application should be full oci to maximize benefit, is that true?

The current smoothness during hot engine is good, the butt and ear sensor tell seems this stick harder than LM Mos or Restore but does not flow as well as lubegard or rislone when it is cold. Restore so far the best on damp the noise after 500 km application, but effect straight away disappear on oil change.

Originally Posted By: kr_bitog
After not so lasting effect of lubegard Biotech and my oil just been used for 1.5k, I dumped the Suprotec Active Plus without draining.
The reason being is the website mentioned the suprotec supposed not to change oil property. First 150km, the effect like dumping LM MOS, seems the engine has a bit oil starvation, but after that suprotec cause louder noise when engine is cold. So now i need to be more patient on cold idling the engine before start moving off. However once it reach temperature, engine is very peppy and silent again. Let see how long the effect will last but i have no long distance high speed trip coming, so hopefully it can last the whole 10k oci like the combo zddp+mos2

Any additive will change the chemical balance of the original oil.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: kr_bitog

Any additive will change the chemical balance of the original oil.

I agree that is exactly i have doubt on the instruction, but since it is a waste to drain the lube gard, and the original instruction is to drive at least 500km, i just dump it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back