interesting read about Costco gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://docs.google.com/gview?embedded=true&url=http://www.neiwpcc.org/tanksconference/presentations/tuesday/Fuel%20Additives%20and%20DEF/Fuel%20Additives_Hurlocker_2013_Tuesday.pdf

link

Last edited:
Costco gas stations are company owned, most other gas stations are franchised.

Most franchised stations are mom&pop owned therefore quality controlled are not consistence. Also, they don't have deep pocket therefore if they did anything wrong nobody will get much from them. If anything went wrong with Costco gas they may pay heavy fine by federal and local governments and pay to repair for customer's damaged vehicles.

my car gets it 99% of the time. it is the cheapest in town but unfortunately they don't sell diesel. my truck uses about 15 litres a day but the car uses 15 litres in a month. They need to start selling diesel
smile.gif

Interesting but i doubt its any better than any other gas. I dont notice much difference between gas brands. Not sure your car can tell the difference between gas with more additives than one with the minimum amount of additives.

When I was a Costco member a few years ago, I used their "Clean Power" gas quite a bit. Don't know why but my cars didn't idle that smoothly with the stuff, even when running 93 in my Infiniti. I'm not one to be a brand snob but my cars do seem to like gas from certain stations over others. Better MPG and idle quality don't lie.

Last edited:
If Costco is on my way and I need gas I'll go there. Otherwise, I can usually get gas elsewhere for the same price or less with a coupon.

Our local Costco is currently expanding from 12 to 20 pumps.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The wait to get gas at Costco here can be hours! Cars lined up and out into the street

Are you being serious? How much cheaper is it than whatever station is down the street?

Originally Posted By: robertcope
The wait to get gas at Costco here can be hours! Cars lined up and out into the street

Are you being serious? How much cheaper is it than whatever station is down the street?

I don't know about you but I like the fact that I can get my groceries and gas all in one spot. The easiest loophole is to buy Costco Gas without a membership, would be to have somebody purchase Costco cash cards for you.

There's no question that your local Costco will often offer the lowest gas prices in the immediate area. Some people will wait a hour to save.

Last edited:
The wait times at my local Costco gas pumps is tolerable and is not far from where I live. Fill up my trunks and gas cans every week. Only downside is the urge to go inside the store and spend a benjamin or two.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: robertcope

They are just as busy in Toronto to. In Oshawa they are busy l, but ok if I go there at 630am before heading to work.

Prices at Costco in Canada are 7 to 10 cents a liter cheaper than the large chains.

I use it as I have a Costco close by and they are consistently cheaper than anywhere else. Filled up yesterday and price was 1.95 where everyone else is around 2.07.

Around here prices for 87 are roughly 10 cents less, maybe a little more at times. The big savings is premium 93. its 40-50 cents less. That coupled with being top tier makes it the best choice for anyone who uses 93. For me that's roughly 3,000 miles of using their fuel would pay for the membership.

Zero actual evidence of this, but my old jeep 4.0 seems to run better using costco gas vs wawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back